Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Just Got A Month's Worth Of Groceries- In The Mail

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, May 6, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]
    Hurray for IndiaSpiceHouse.com!

I love Indian food-it's by far my favorite culture-specific food. Back in college I'd put aside thirty bucks a week to pay for a couple trips to the local Indian restaurant.

These Kohinoor meals come in a variety of meal types (from a few different areas in India), are all vegetarian, really healthy with no additives or preservatives, cook in just two minutes, taste FANTASTIC, and are only $2 a pop. You can eat up a pack and eat it straight, or put it over rice and get two meals per box. I don't have time or space to cook intricate meals right now, so these are great for staying a little healthier and avoiding eating MSG-laden soup cans. I just got in a shipment of 36 of them (four are actually from a couple different makers that I'm going to try-different meal types at the same price-but I don't know how they taste yet).

Premade Indian meals are all over the scale as far as taste goes-I've had some that were great and some that were terrible (some don't even taste like they have Indian spices or sauces at all), and usually they're all at least $3.50 a box. These all taste great, authentic, and are really inexpensive.

I'm a happy boy :hyper:

2. Carful, it might blow up ;) (prepares for backlash)

3. That happens AFTER you eat it!

Cool man... I love Indian food! Food for the soul....

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I think I would need to take the time to learn some basic words in the Indian language before I jumped in and started mail ordering the food.

Mutter Paneer?? Hmmmmmmmm.............

-Mike

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I was able to get about 40 boxes of the stuff about a month or two ago at a local Ocean State Job Lot, so I knew they would taste great. I bought out all they had, and since job lots only sell the overstock they receive and don't make orders, I thought I was out of luck until I went to Froogle and did a search.

Most of the meals I was familar with from trying in restaurants anyways.

6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    mmm...Murgh Makahni... :hyper: