1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I Just Got A Month's Worth Of Groceries- In The Mail

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, May 6, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]
    Hurray for IndiaSpiceHouse.com!

I love Indian food-it's by far my favorite culture-specific food. Back in college I'd put aside thirty bucks a week to pay for a couple trips to the local Indian restaurant.

These Kohinoor meals come in a variety of meal types (from a few different areas in India), are all vegetarian, really healthy with no additives or preservatives, cook in just two minutes, taste FANTASTIC, and are only $2 a pop. You can eat up a pack and eat it straight, or put it over rice and get two meals per box. I don't have time or space to cook intricate meals right now, so these are great for staying a little healthier and avoiding eating MSG-laden soup cans. I just got in a shipment of 36 of them (four are actually from a couple different makers that I'm going to try-different meal types at the same price-but I don't know how they taste yet).

Premade Indian meals are all over the scale as far as taste goes-I've had some that were great and some that were terrible (some don't even taste like they have Indian spices or sauces at all), and usually they're all at least $3.50 a box. These all taste great, authentic, and are really inexpensive.

I'm a happy boy :hyper:

2. Carful, it might blow up ;) (prepares for backlash)

3. That happens AFTER you eat it!

Cool man... I love Indian food! Food for the soul....

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I think I would need to take the time to learn some basic words in the Indian language before I jumped in and started mail ordering the food.

Mutter Paneer?? Hmmmmmmmm.............

-Mike

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I was able to get about 40 boxes of the stuff about a month or two ago at a local Ocean State Job Lot, so I knew they would taste great. I bought out all they had, and since job lots only sell the overstock they receive and don't make orders, I thought I was out of luck until I went to Froogle and did a search.

Most of the meals I was familar with from trying in restaurants anyways.

6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    mmm...Murgh Makahni... :hyper: