Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just got a new set of wheels

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by angelopb, Dec 14, 2004.

1. I just received a package, to wit: one Sound Tech "Wheels To Go" kit.

This basically is tilt back handle-and-wheel kit that retro fits to any cab or combo. I have been searching high and low for one of these, but did not know what it was called. I have even posted before. So this is just an FYI.

The parts appear to be aluminum and plastic. Wheels are rubber. Total acquisition cost is $32.30.

Pics to follow after installation. I will be putting it on the Eden CXC 110 Combo. It is 39 lbs, which sounds light. But it gets heavy half way across the parking lot carrying it with one hand.

The only issue I see is my stacking options. I have the matching cab for this amp. We'll see.

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Sam's had a folding hand truck for a while- they're pretty cool...I used one for a long time, until I hit a pothole and busted the clip that keeps the wheels aligned. They've since improved the design on them, and a drummer I know uses it to get his hardware bag around (around 100 lbs.) They fold flat for easy storage in the car, and are mainly aluminum (lightweight). If I can find a link to them online, I'll post it for you.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    that's awesome. Lowe's has a cheaper one that does 200 lbs that looks exactly the same for $40 or so. I still need to buy one. My drummer has one and they are absolutly phenomenal. Still, angelo's solution sounds pretty cool too. I'd love to see the pix and hear how it went. I used to have an old SWR goliath 1 4x10 and bought the pop out caster set from eden for about $25. Instalation was pretty simple and required a special drill bit to drill big enough holes for the caster sockets, and the mounting screws needed no pilot holes. I was still able to stack the cab as the 2" caster popped out really easily. Last thing i checked, eden also sold replacement 3" casters that were much more durable and fit in the same sockets.

4. Great!! And right after I just spent $125.00 on a rock-n-roller. I considered something like the wheels to go but I needed something that I could leave my gear on that would keep it off the ground. I am curious as well how the wheels to go handle rough ground or grass.

5. Well I was not looking for a universal contraption. I have seen the cool bags with the wheels and handles. The handtrucks are probably useful for tons of things, something we should all keep in our cars.

All I wanted was to make my little eden like an Ampeg Portabass, with the handle and little wheels built in. I am a one-trip kind of guy. I find that the more I don't min d carrying stuff around, the more I want to play out.

I don't think I would roll it over really rough surfaces, since the vibration could kill the amp. A hairline crack in a PC board would be tough to fix. (I wonder if this is a problem in European cities, where you have cobblestone and brick surfaces everywhere.)

6. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I believe in Europe, they carry all their amps, which is how they stay so skinny. Also, the broad shoulders of most European tribes seem ideally suited to carrying the heavier amps down the street... ;) :D

7. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Do you have a link to this? Sounds like a cool deal. Pics?

8. I installed and will try to post a pic. But I don't like the handle. It seems flimsy and is not long enough for me. If the amp was taller, it would be.

9. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

bummer.