Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just got a new...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justBrian, Oct 21, 2002.

1. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    G&L L2000. Well, it's not new-- early '90s, I think. It has Leo's signature on the upper bout, too! Traded an American standard fretless p-bass plus $300 for it. It's so freakin' awesome. I took it to rehearsal Friday and the guys told me to sell all of my other basses because this one kicked so much ass! Good deal, eh?

2. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Isn't she a beauty?

3. Yes she is - CONGRATS, and ENJOY!!

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    g&l's are great basses. congrats :)

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im gettin close to the 2 year aniversary of the day I got my G&L.

Congrats. Theyre killer basses!

Peace
    Nick

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    supernice one!!!

i'd love to post pics of mine too, but i have no webcam or scanner here...

mine is tobacco sunburst with matching headstock and no inlay on the beautiful rosewood fingerboard. great sounding bass! my numero uno!!

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Very Cool!! Nice bass.

8. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Ooohh!! nice burst!

9. That'll be my next bass. Actually maybe an american p or warwick thumb. no money though:mad:

10. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I get to try her out at a gig this weekend. We're playing at a Down's Syndrome fundraiser-- 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. We did it last year, too. Great gig, great exposure for us-- we got to meet a couple of KC Chiefs, and got to eat for free. I'll let you all know how it goes. :cool:

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats on the bass & the gig.

12. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Great looking bass! I bought a L2000 back around '81 when they first came out (before the head stock changed) and another in the mid-80's. They both sounded great! You could get so many good sounds from the pre-amp (love those mini-toggle switches!). Congrats!

13. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    thanks to graigb, previous owner of my beloved G&L L 2000 and using his page with pics of this wonderful bass, here's my L2000 in all its glory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks craigb!!! you rule, man!

14. just_a_poser

just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    If you ever feel the urge to give this bass away for absolutely nothing, I will be here.

Beautiful. How do those maple fingerboards sound? I have one on a guitar I own and love it, I'd like to get a bass with one if not for my extreme lack of money. Anyway, nice bass.