1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I just got an Ampeg SA210 combo....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by inDIGInous, Dec 5, 2003.

1. ...and it sounds friggin brilliant! I love the tone it puts out with my Ibanez SR810 but I found a defect with this amp and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it. The amp comes with 15 digital effects built in but there are two synth bass effects and one other weird effect, I think #13 through #15 that just make it sound like my speakers are blown, in a real BAD way! ...I've tried out different basses with the amp and the same thing happens. Anyone have any idea why a company with the history and reputation that Ampeg has would put out a product with such an obviuos flaw?1?!? I'm still in love with the amp despite this problem but I'm just a little miffed and I feel somewhat cheated.

2. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    don't feel cheated, all of them have that problem. 13-15 suck really bad. i think all the effects are unusable, except for the #12 svt setting. but its a pretty good sounding amp without the effects, so i dont mind. i just wish they would of had a one without effects. it would have been $30-40 cheaper. because thats what about the effects seem to be worth. by my ears, anyway..

don't feel cheated =)