Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just got an Ashdown combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by James Hart, Oct 22, 2002.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hey all y'all! Look what I just got!
    [​IMG]

I've been sitting in with a band after 5 years out of the business for the last 6 weeks. I've been playing thru the PA till now. I can't wait till tomorrow night to try it out with the band :D

I bought it off eBay for $317 from a guy that just got it from Bass Place in AZ in July. He's a member thou I never asked what his nic is...Thanks again Mark

[edit]it's a Mag Mon 12-200[/edit]

2. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    You'll love the MAG... It's a great little amp!

3. Snap! Got one just like it. Love it. :D

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    it feels good to be heard again. Going from an AMP head thru a Bag End S12 & S15 to a Peavey Microbass has been rough :rolleyes:

I won't even mention the late 70's Yamaha 100watt combo I paid $100 for and threw out the first 'bulk pickup' that caused me to not get back into playing when I bought the Hamer (no bassist should again suffer THAT tone)

Anyway, the Ashdown seems to be pretty broad tone wise, I've dialed in a few usable ones. Tonight will be the test with the band. We should be recording tonight or Sunday... I'll post some MP3's if anyone is interested.

Thanks
    James

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    So, how does it handle the B-string, and how loud is that thing anyways?

I'm currently looking forward to upgrade my ol' TNT combo and that MAG looks mighty fine - but then again I play loud rock so I need plenty of punch.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Nice, real nice I set the 'sub-harmonic' knob to about 9 o'clock :eek: talk about feeling the notes

200 watt into a 12 inch speakers... I could have used more for the loud stuff. My guitarist has a 60 watt 1x12 combo miked and the drum kit is miked as well. so I had to DI into the board (I had assumed so ahead of time, I spent the last 6 weeks playing thru the PA only). I'm planning on getting an extra cabinet for it in the future.

We're doing heavier rock stuff... 1/2 the stuff is drop-D for the guitarist, but we also tune a 1/2 lower then the norm (guitarist is a Hendrix & SRV fan... and in love with drop-D).

The 12-200 suits me fine... I might suggest the 1x15 or 4x10 versions.

I've just alway liked 12s.

We are going to record on Sunday so I'll post a couple MP3s on Monday