I just got kicked out of my band because I went to the bar.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by nad, Feb 9, 2006.

1. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Instead of hanging out with my singer and guitarist at the latter's parent's house for the umpteenth millionth time in many less days than that. They don't have jobs so can't afford "bar cash." Average age of the 3 of us (currently have no drummer): 28.3333333333

Not sure if this is the right forum, but hey, why not. I'm on the market! :)
  2. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    They sound like inmature little teeny boppers. You don't need them.
  3. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    No worries man. Bass players are always so in demand, especially good ones.
  4. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Wow...and I thought I had it bad...I just got kicked out of my band too, because the lead singer's friend from his old band decided he wanted to play again. This friend showed up at our first gig as a band, sat in for two songs, and I got a call 2 days later saying my services were no longer needed. :spit: Never expected a 40 year old to act like a teenager, but I guess this was my welcome to the world of music. The only reason I'm mad is I suffered through 4 months of trying to find a drummer, had four rehearsals with said drummer, an impromptu gig at a little dive bar, and just like that it's back to square one. Just starting to enjoy the band..... :(
  5. They kicked you out 'cause you went to a bar instead of hanging out with them (I assume just hanging out and not practicing)? Sound like a couple losers.
  6. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    nad, sorry to hear that man. Listen to one of the previous posts..bass players are always in demand. :cool:
  7. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    without a drummer you weren''t really in a band in the traditional sense so you didnt't really get kicked out of the band because there was none there in the first place.
  8. txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Sounds like they were looking for an excuse. They probably have someone else in mind. Some other goober who rather hang at mom's house. Honestly, in your 20's, no one needs to be at Mama's all the time. She prolly feeds 'em. Slackers are like cats, you know. If you feed them, they'll never leave.

Fine! You are now free from a bunch of babies, and can pursue better things!

9. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    haha, I had no idea what this thread would turn out like, and it came out well! :D

Anyhow, after this went down last night I wrote the "I guess I'm fired? Well that's for the best anyhow because yadda yadda yadda" email, and in the morning, when everyone sobered up, they backpedalled. I said when I'm done I'm done and that's that, for the exact reasons that everyone is saying.
    Actually both of them don't really "hang" at their folk's pads as much as they "still live with them." ;)

I had fun with this band, but I had been contemplating quitting for a few months anyhow. Whee!
  10. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yup! Besides my 'work-in-progress' band... some middle-aged geezers like me... I have two other bands always calling me whenever they score gigs... and some of these guys are nearly half my age!

Keep your chops up, strive for perfection, and you'll always be in demand... so no worries, brah! :)
  11. Skeezix

Sep 28, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    They must be. Twice in the last month I've had complete strangers approach me in music stores and ask if I was in a band. When I said "No.", I was asked if I wanted to be.
    Apparantly, all that you have to do to be asked to try out for a band (around here) is to go to music stores and noodle on basses.:meh:
  12. I've had similar experiences as well on many occasions. I suppose there can be some good to come out of music store wanking ha ha.
  13. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    man bass players are in demand, I put up an add saying I'll play anyhting that isn't emo or racist and i got about 30 emails and i'm only in a city of about half a million people.
  14. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Okay... I'm a geezer... what is 'emo'? Also... you got guys playing 'racist' music in Winnipeg? Geeze-Leweeze... that's scary? I live in Hawaii. I'm a white guy, aka- haole... we pride ourselves on getting along with all kinds of races. That's what makes us special out here, and is one of the prime ingredients of the 'Aloha Spirit'... makes me feel good to read that you certainly don't want anything to do with 'race music.'

So... what is 'emo'... again? :confused:
  15. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Honestly, all these stories about getting kicked out over non-sense, really make me think there's more to these stories that were missing.
  16. need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    There are at least two sides to every story.
  17. txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Sometimes, honey, its good to be free.

Cherie :hyper:
  18. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Absolutely! I wasn't trying to make this the be all end of all of what happened, just thought I'd toss up something vague into a forum where I'm not well known yet. A social experiment if you will. :)
  19. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada

Emo is whiney i'm a loser and have no friends kind of music.

there isn't a racist music scene here or anything but I thought I'd toss that in just to be safe, lot of crazies on the interent.
  20. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Gigs keep bands together;

... and sometimes that's not even enough.