i just got money, help me spend it! :D

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, May 1, 2005.

1. Ok, so, i just got $1,000 cause of ... well... there are complications, so i'll just leave it as that...

Now, right now alls i have is a Peavey combo TNT 115.... and well, i want to get a 2*10 to put on top of it. so, which one shoudl i get? i want your guys' oppinions! i dont want to spend more than $400 on the combo, so, which 2*10 cab would work best with a peavey tnt 115? I play all different types of music, but mainly jazz and rock, and as far as brands, ive been kinda thinking about SWR, GK, Peavey, or something along that lines for the 2*10 cab for it.

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Try posting this in the amps section.

There are plenty of people there who would be happy to spend your money for you.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, Amps would be more appropriate than Basses for this thread. Moved.
  4. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    also try looking in the for sale forum. Plenty of 210 cabs for sale there including mine.
  5. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hang on... I don't get it.

You HAVE a TNT 15 and you HAVE $1000 to spend. You want to put a 2x10 on top of the TNT. But only want to spend $400 on the 'Combo'. Don't you allready have the combo? Did you mean cab, as in, you want to spend $400 on the 2x10? Then wheres the other $600 going?

I don't quite follow.
  6. If I had $1000 and a TNT, I would sell the TNT to add to the money I had and buy a Euphonic Audio head and 210 cab. It can be done for just over $1000 used, and you will never regret it.
  7. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Personally, I'd sell the TNT, then buy a Kustom Groove, a Avatar B2x12, and spend the rest on a rack and perhaps a tuner/power conditioner. That should be just under a grand.
  8. Get rid of the TNT 115. I would suggest donating it to a small church that does not appear to have a lot of funding.

That is the easy part.

Now the fun part. Just go bring your bass and listen to as many rigs as possible. I don't know your musical taste, but if you play jazz and you like the peavey combo sound, than you will like anything. Here are a few of my favs. The combo on top of the extra cab is a cool idea.

Eden CXC 210 (around 800 from competititve dealer)

That new Carvin BXR 212 Combo (looks like good value and portablity but have not heard one.)

The Yorkville XS400t on top of a Yorkie 115

Eden Nemises 410 Combo

Used Eden 550 head and decent portable, high output and sweet sounding cabs.
  9. Ok, first of all... im sorry for posting it in the bass section... i cant believe i did that, ive been using this forum for over a year now... god, im sooo stupid. :meh:

I posted it when i was really tired after a long weekend of helping my dad my move... so... ya, that's probably why it didnt make much sense and why it was in the wrong section :crying:

So what i meant to say was, i have $1000, but of it i only want to spend $400 on the cab cause i want to also put a new sound system in my car for the rest... so that's why. but then again, if there is something else that would be much much better with the thousand, then i would do that. And yes, i meant cab instead of combo... as i said, i must have been a lot more tireder (if thats a word) than i thought...

So, what i want the 2*10 and the combo set up for is that im only playing in my small town right now, and the biggest place here that id be playing at seats maybe 500 tops... so, i wouldnt need anything bigger than just that, especially sense the places i play at have a good pa system to plug into. So really, all i think i need without having to spend too much would be the 1*15 combo and the 2*10. And i doubt that i'll be doing any large venues any time soon that would require more, so i just think that this setup would last me for several years...

sorry for putting it in the wrong section guys... next time i wont post after a long weekend like that :scowl:
  10. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    If you want to go all out on an amp, you're going to use all you have, plus what you get from the TNT possibly. I suggest you check out a Traynor YBA-200 (I'm assuming you play rock or metal). 200 watts all tube, sounds as loud as 800 watts solid state. Don't spend more than $620 on it if you like the head. Depending on how much you get for that TNT you probabally have about $600 left. For the cab, I suggest an Aguilar 212, or maybe a used Eden 410. If you can get a good used 410 or new Eden 210, you might want to check out a Genz Benz 115.
  11. it would probably be a good idea to just sell the TNT and buy an avatar cab(preferably one that goes lower than thier 210) and take advantage of thier ashdown or hartke head deals. you could come out under $600 on the whole rig if your lucky, and have a very versatile sound
  12. Bandsubstance

May 2, 2005
    Hey, I know Warwick, Eden, Mesa GK, Aguilar, and Drive will all be showing at the LA AMP SHOW. The idea is to be able to compare different amps in demo rooms. go look at the sye ampshow.com