1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I JUST GOT MY AMPEG-B100R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by intillectualmin, Dec 15, 2002.

1. intillectualmin

intillectualmin

Sep 18, 2002
    i just went down to my local guitar shop and bought my Ampeg B100R... im so happy... i went into the store thinking i was gonna buy the ba-115.. but then i decided i liked the b100r better.. what do u guys think? i have 30 days to change my mind.. please give me ur opinions.. thanx

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I've had plenty of gear over the past decade, but the B-100r is one I keep.

3. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    For practice, I have the little brother to it, the B50R. I'll always keep it. If it dies, I'll get another. For tone I love it.

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´ve never heard (or read) anything bad about those amps...... enjoy

5. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    i've had mine for about 6 years now. i just got a new sound i like dialed into it after fiddling for a few weeks. i love it.

6. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I've had mine for over a year now. Still love it. Great amp, great choice. For the price, there isn't a better amp to be had, IMHO.

7. Bass NW gave me a good quote for the B100R, but I'm still debating whether I want the B100R or the BA115.

8. DougD

DougD Bassman7654 Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    The B100 is a gem. It's on of the best combos you can buy. The BA115 has more features but is lacking a little in the tone department IMHO :)

9. B50s kick a*s!

10. intillectualmin

intillectualmin

Sep 18, 2002
    yea... and the ba115 has a lot of hissing... the b100r has no hissing... even tho it doesnt have a tweeter... it has pretty sweet highs...

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I love my B100-R.

12. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    It's a keeper!!

13. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Love that combo. Definitely a keeper.

14. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Congrats ! I'm waiting for mine, which should be delivered this week.

15. rickycootee

rickycootee

Oct 24, 2001
    Statesboro GA
    hey John K I have a B100r for sale very well taken care of I love it but I have to get rid of it to pay for my new head because I'm a poor college student email me if you are interested hope to hear from you soon my email is rickyakabrianh@hotmail.com

16. Ricky, I just sent out an email. :D

Oh yeah, in the email, can you tell me about the condition of the amp? I think I forgot to add that.