Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by intillectualmin, Dec 15, 2002.

1. intillectualmin

Sep 18, 2002
    i just went down to my local guitar shop and bought my Ampeg B100R... im so happy... i went into the store thinking i was gonna buy the ba-115.. but then i decided i liked the b100r better.. what do u guys think? i have 30 days to change my mind.. please give me ur opinions.. thanx
  2. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    I've had plenty of gear over the past decade, but the B-100r is one I keep.
  3. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    For practice, I have the little brother to it, the B50R. I'll always keep it. If it dies, I'll get another. For tone I love it.
  4. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´ve never heard (or read) anything bad about those amps...... enjoy
  5. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    i've had mine for about 6 years now. i just got a new sound i like dialed into it after fiddling for a few weeks. i love it.
  6. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I've had mine for over a year now. Still love it. Great amp, great choice. For the price, there isn't a better amp to be had, IMHO.
  7. Bass NW gave me a good quote for the B100R, but I'm still debating whether I want the B100R or the BA115.
  8. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    The B100 is a gem. It's on of the best combos you can buy. The BA115 has more features but is lacking a little in the tone department IMHO :)
  9. intillectualmin

Sep 18, 2002
    yea... and the ba115 has a lot of hissing... the b100r has no hissing... even tho it doesnt have a tweeter... it has pretty sweet highs...
  10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  11. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    It's a keeper!!
  12. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Love that combo. Definitely a keeper.
  13. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Congrats ! I'm waiting for mine, which should be delivered this week.
  14. rickycootee

Oct 24, 2001
    Statesboro GA
    hey John K I have a B100r for sale very well taken care of I love it but I have to get rid of it to pay for my new head because I'm a poor college student email me if you are interested hope to hear from you soon my email is rickyakabrianh@hotmail.com

15. Ricky, I just sent out an email. :D

Oh yeah, in the email, can you tell me about the condition of the amp? I think I forgot to add that.