Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just got my Carvin bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KekChoz, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Finally!
    Wow! A 5 string bolt-on active bass, with an amazing color! And it sounds like hell :bassist: (It can't be compared with my little squier :D )!!!
    I'm so glad that i've found Carvin... 5 string left-handed bass is so rare under $1500! I got it for $1000! wow...
    Now I can't wait to play it in my band.. :)
    Look out!

Attached Files:

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Very nice! Gotta love that greenburst. :)

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Wow, that's a great colour. Have fun with your new toy!

4. Busk

Busk

Jan 31, 2002
    Sweet. You can walk tall with that bass.

5. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    It's gonna be a tough one to sell.

6. Carvin's are excellent.

7. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Congrats on the new bass. It sounds like it's everything you could've wanted (at least at this stage in your life.) Though I'm a righty, many of my musician friends are lefty so I know how difficult it can be to find good gear, when most guitar companies' lefty offerings are either token gesture of the cheap stuff or ultra-boutique custom.

It's nice to see that Carvin could make you a sweet lefty bass without an unreasonable upcharge. It's also nice to see that companies like Warwick offer all their basses lefty with no upcharge.

And one great thing about being a lefty bassist- you won't have idiot wankers coming up to you begging to try your instrument or just wankering on it w/o your permission. :p