Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i just got my dream bass, and btw attn atlanta area

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by way_of_opiatism, Mar 9, 2003.

a deal?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2003.
  1. what a deal!

40 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. ive seen better deals!

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    well i went to guitar center today, the one at druid hills and 85n access road, and they were having a super duper sale on the musicman basses. i just got a stingray new for 700. theres about 5 left, only one sterling which is very nice also for 740. the cheapest one was 666, and the most expensive is 775 i think. not bad at all, especially since yesterday they were 1100 - 1400. you still get the case and everything too. i've been wanting one of these basses for a long time and i've always played on lower end basses so its really a dream come true. i think i made a big step up from my sr300dx to the mm, maybe?

and the obligatory peekture:

[​IMG]

2. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    Congrats! That is a darn good deal! I got my Sterling used (but in perfect condition) for $800. If only I lived near Atlanta, I'd have a Stingray to go along with it...

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    schweeet deal! that color is perdy sweet too

4. way_of_opiatism

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    id like to comment about how majorly different the electronics are on the mm and the sr300. the first thing i said was "oh! so thats what an eq does! theres a big difference in the necks too but the ray is just so easy to move around on. the shape is perfect, i really like the color but im still getting used to the pickguard. its such a great feeling going from your last entry level bass to "the bass i've always wanted".

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    That is too cool! Great score. Have fun with it.
    And to think I knew you way before then...

6. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    That's a great deal!!! I got mine a little over a year ago for $1050... and I thought I did good.:rolleyes: Enjoy it, I know you will.

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Congrats, man! Did you play any of the SRs at the GTG yesterday? It's always awesome to find your dream bass at a great deal...I'm still waiting for that to happen.

8. way_of_opiatism

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    heh you guys can use up some bandwidth!

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Good score...but I'm thinkin' that is a sign of the end for Guitar Center...that price is BELOW wholesale folks!

:eek:

10. way_of_opiatism

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    thanks. i didnt think their mark-up could have been that much.

11. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    :eek: :eek:

That's an awesome deal, and at GC?! Awesome bass, awesome price...can't go wrong!

You've joined the Stingray army! :)

12. tboyd

tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Thanks Way for the heads up! After reading your post yesterday I went to the north Houston GC after work. They had two Stingrays priced at $638 (without case) and a Sterling 5 priced in the mid 700's. The Stingrays were a Burnt Apple (rosewood FB) like you got and an Autumn Red (Maple FB). I forget which color the Sterling was. All the rest of the MM basses were regular price. It turns out that the ones for sale are discontinued colors. I wasn't really ready to spend the money but I couldn't pass it up, so I walked out with the Autumn Red. It also has the plain white pick guard, 3 band eq. and not the matching headstock. I will try to post some pics this weekend sometime. I guess now that I have a real bass I need to buck up and become a supporting member!

13. Congratulations Guy's your'e both very lucky... Awesome deals.... I'm getting my 5-String today.... It's not my dream bass but hell.. $345 good deal.... Have fun with your nice little toys... *Damn you both* .. Uh, I mean... heh ..:bawl:

14. way_of_opiatism

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    im glad i was of some help to ya! it all started once i paid for my supporting membership, really weird... i paid, then i got a new bass and a new rig... coincidence? i think not.

15. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    If thereis anyone that can sell MM at or below cost,it would be the Guitar Center

16. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Hey way... that 'Ray looks identical to mine:bassist: That burnt apple sure is purty, aint it? Already a discontinued color? That'd be cool with me, then we'd have a pretty rare beast. I posted above but didn't realize it was the same color... MY FAVORITE COLOR:D

I miss mine:( I took it in to get a set up with what's pretty much known to be the best set up guy in town. I took it in on Valentines day and was told it might be two weeks 'cause he was on vacation and were getting backed up. I called last week and left a message(thought it was strange no one was in at around noon on a thursday). The next day I heard through the grapevine that he passed away:( A darn good guy, only about 52 or so. He worked alone with his son. Now I kind of feel like I want to go get my bass back but I almost feel it would be morally wrong and I should just wait for his son to get back with me:confused: What would you do?

17. Yeah, I heard about the "Music Man Green Tag Sale" on the radio today. THIS SALE ONLY HAPPENS 54 WEEKS A YEAR! UNBELIEVABLE DEALS ON ROLAND! DIGIDESIGN! PEARL! FENDER! Haha.

18. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Nice grab, those basses look so sweet. Too bad they dont feel right to me, I really want to like them.

Nice Donnie Darko refrence, BTW.

19. way_of_opiatism

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    hehe that movie rocks. glad someone caught that

20. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    hey who was first...