1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I just got my driver license !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, May 19, 2005.

1. Since 11 a.m i have the permission to drive whenever i want :)
    I was kinda nervous but i was wearing my got bass t-shirt . The magic of the TB Shirt :D

I'm happy folks :cool:

2. Congrats! I haven't started to learn yet :( , damned exams, get in the way of all things fun.

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Reminds me...
    I should get a licence sometime...
    I mean,... I'm like 21 and still don't have a licence :eek:

Bah, I don't really need it. I don't have a car. Not much parking space in the city, either. No steady income for the car's insurance, fuel costs, repair & maintenance. Student passes are cheap and I can get to the uni in 25-30 minutes, etc.

So :p

4. I guess if you're living in the city you don't really need a car. But if you live in a rural area like me it helps a lot. I was driving entire day. It's great :hyper:

5. alibloke

alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England
    Congrats! :bassist:

6. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    yeah i got my license last september when i was 16 and a half...gotta love rhode island.

7. Congrats! I use my TB shirt as a good luck charm aswell!

8. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Congrats. I just got mine a few weeks ago...it was about time too, I'm already 18.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats. Be Safe. :)

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I gget mine in 2 months if all goes well.

11. geez you guys are lucky. Here you have to wait until you're 18 :( and it's quite expensive. ( 800 Euro so about 1000 $ )

12. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    meh, driving at age 18 doesn't really matter... you guys get to drink when you're like.... 9!! :D :bag:

13. hehe... :D

14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I waited too long to get my learner's permit...16 months! Now it won't be until October until I can drive with my G2, and a year after that until I have my full license.