Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I JUST GOT MY IBANEZ BTB!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slipknot229, Nov 2, 2001.

1. My Ibanez BTB505TKF just arrived this afternoon and I am just LOVING it. I've been saving up for this bass for a looooooong time. Just thought I'd share!! :D

-CHRiS

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Congratulations! So give us a review... :)

3. You are gonna love that bass. I have a Black stained BTB 405, it's a great bass.

4. Jebis

Jebis Guest

Nov 28, 2000
    Long Beach, CA
    I just ordered a BTB405 from Guitar Center last Monday. I haven't played a better bass in the same price range.

5. Cool Welcome to the club.

6. Congrats!!! :)

Never played one myself but hear only great things about them!! I have an EDC700 and like her just fine
    (almost as much as my Fender:p ).

Post a pic for us!

7. here's the review i was asked for:

Basically this is the coolest bass (IMO) i have ever seen. The finish is tranparent black flat on a solid ash body. The neck is W I D E but it helps with accuracy. The electronics are by far (IMO) the most versatle for its price. There are endless possibilities in store for me and my new "baby". The wide neck was at first a little uncomfortable but now, after two days I'm pretty used to it. The tone this baby produces makes me want to melt with glee. I am just SMITTEN by this amazing piece of ingenuity and craftsmanship. In fact, I now want a BTB fouur string for alternate tunings and such. Wow....its an awsome bass. Pic coming soon
    -CHRiS

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    nice... another "BTB brother" ;)

i got a BTB 400 really cheap... man i´m loving it each day...

gotta love all those frets, the 35' scale, the active EQ, the bridge, the neutrik jack, and the finishes... you get my idea... also you can detune them (i do that a lot) and since it´s 35' scale you can put some heavy strings and your sound is intact.

i might upgrade to a BTB 1000... i feel so comfortable with these basses...

9. Darn it! You people! Making me all jealous!:p
    I've played lots of BTB's and they're just awesome basses... I could really use one, and right now I've got almost $400, but I'm saving for an amp..:( But I also want bass..but i want an amp too.. dammit I hate making choices!

10. ...Save enough money to buy both, sure you'll have to wait allot longer and after you save enough money to buy the BTB405 and the amp you'll have enough to buy the BTB-1005, then you'll have to save more money for an amp. Then you'll find an effect that you can't do without... I'm going to start so many mental disorders here.;)

11. BTB...the choice of a new generation :)

12. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    BTB 406 here.. love it

but I just got a rbx6jm.. BTB has competition :D

13. <font size="40"><marquee direction=UP>ARRGHH my GAS!</marquee></font>

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

There is no comparison IMHO. The BTB should blow it away. Let us know your opinion in a few days.

15. The first time I played the BTB-1005 I WAS SO PLEASED (it was orgasmic)! I love the way that B string sang out and stayed so low... Sweetness.:)