Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just got my new bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sexyphatty, Aug 22, 2003.

1. sexyphatty

sexyphatty

Jul 11, 2003
    but I'm at work right now so I can't play it. instead I'll tell you all about it... I bought the fender getty lee signature bass... I'm used to rosewood so I was a little leary but now I love it. I know it will have it's place, but that is why I have more than one bass. the neck is awesome, it's a little thinner than my other jazz bass and the board is a lot wider. it feels sweet!!! they put the american vintage pickups in them so they sound like the jazz getty played back in the 70's which give it great tone and bottom. that coupled with the thicker strings I use ('cause I tune CGCF) give me huge BOOM BOOM... this bass rocks and looks really nice!!!

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ya gotta post pics..."Or This Thread Dies!"

3. sexyphatty

sexyphatty

Jul 11, 2003
    I've got to be the only looser in the world without a digital camera... consider it dead...

4. Take regular photo's and scan them. Like I do. But most of the time I forget what is on the role of film, and do not have them developed in less than a year. But I do have a good scanner, so I am okay.

5. sexyphatty

sexyphatty

Jul 11, 2003
    ok, does anyone else want to rub it in how behind the times I am???

6. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Hey Sexyphatty,

Don't worry about pics....we all know what a geddy lee bass looks like.
    Congrats on a great bass.

And just for those that need a pic....

[​IMG]