I just got my NEW STINGRAY!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Jun 2, 2004.

1. I am so excited! It's the first really nice bass I have ever owned. It's a black cherry burst 4 string with maple neck and a black pickguard. It looks beautiful. I don't have any pics yet cause I'm at work, but I will post some as soon as I can. It's gorgeous! It's been on lay-by for the last 4 months, and it's finally mine!!

The downside is that because I picked it up in my lunch break, I have to wait till after work to really play it. Of course, everyone wants me to make a recording here at work (I work in a television studio) so I may get a chance to funk around with it afterall! SO happy. I'm off to change my profile. Pics soon I promise! :D :cool:

EDIT: PICS ADDED! They aren't the best quality becuase I had to use a video camera to get them. They don't really do the bass justice. Sorry!
  2. congrats , hope you enjoy you'r new stingray
  3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Yeah, congrats! Good choice, IMHO MM basses sound great and are built to last. Have fun with it!!!!
  4. DaRt

Apr 28, 2004
    good for u!! i have a string :bassist: ray and it is really good!! 4 strings
  5. thomas85

Mar 25, 2004
  6. I finally got to go home and play it. It sounds awesome. Everything I was after. Now I just have to resolve the ground issue with my leads/amp :(

The bass is amazing though. I would recommend a Stingray to anyone.
  7. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Congrats. I've ended up holding on to my '91 ray and recently found a whole new appreciation for it :hyper:
  8. venturawest

Apr 29, 2004
    i've had mine for two months, and you'll have to pry it out of my cold, stiff, dead hands someday. congrats! :hyper:
  9. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga

Amen to that!

Welcome to the club! You have chosen wisely, my son ;)
  10. Congrats, and pics are a must:)
  11. netvampire

Apr 22, 2004
    :crying: Grats on your new toy, Had myself one long ago and still regret to this day on selling it. Ordered it through a friends shop, never played or tried it. remember him ringing me the day it came in saying that he had never seen one like it before. he left work early just to bring it down (boy) i too was blown away , never seen a maple neck like this before. :crying: :crying: :crying:
  12. That is the saddest story I have ever heard :crying:

On a side note, I am so glad I got this bad boy instead of the Bleached Blonde Warwick. Don't get me wrong, that was a nice bass...but this is Stingray :D
  13. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    is it a satin finish?
  14. Disco...that is in my opinion in the top 5 best looking 'Ray's i ever seen.
    Awsome colour man. :cool:

If i decide to get a Stingray at sometime...you have just decided my colour. ;)
  15. Thanks B'Aces High. I think so as well. I looked at the 'build your own instrument' thing on the EB website about 18 months ago, and after trying just about every combination, i decided that was the best looking one. Of course, there was no way I thought I would ever get one. Sure enough, just over a year later I walked into the local music shop, saw the EXACT one hanging on the wall, and new I had to have it. It looked so much better in real life.

I'm not sure about it being a satin finish. It's just the regular finish that comes from Ernie Ball.
  16. Well, I've been playing this baby every day for a week and I love it. Worth every cent.
  17. NICE! may i ask how much u payed for it? in US dollars.
  18. Well, probably more than I would have liked. I live in AUS, so everything here is more expensive. I paid $2950Aus, but about 3 months after i put it on lay-away, and 1 month before I paid it all off, the prices on all MusicMan basses nation wide dropped from the list price of $3700 to about $3000 (thanks to the Aussie dollar being worth more). So my price didn't seem so good when I finally picked up the bass. BUT, if I had waited till the price dropped to buy, I would have missed it cause the 'Ray wouldn't have lasted long because of it's looks alone. It was only there for a couple of weeks when i bought it.

So I guess the answer to your question is about $2000US

I know that sounds expensive, but there isn't really much you can do about that living here in Australia.