Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just got myself...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Oct 14, 2004.

1. ....a bass overdrive pedal!!! It sounds very growly and can do serious fuzz too, it cost me £55 and is made by Nobel(think that's it). Just thought I'd share that with you guys. :)

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Nobels bass od is really nice and dead cheap, too.
    Their wah is also to consider.

3. I knew as soon as i heard/felt it it was no cheapo, weighs a tonne, and my friend(who is on work experience there) wouldn't tell me a lie, he knew it was good too. He took a listen while I set the growl to a Never Againish growl on some kinda ESP LTD bass(that was a fine fine bass too)

4. Grrrr, I can't get nay growl, just fuzzy distortion. It's makin me angry, any ideas?

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    did you try the presets in the manual? While not the best bass od pedal, it's better than a lot of other ones. I was able to get growly sounds easily.

What sort of amp are you playing through?

6. I'm playing through my fender frontman 60b, and I ain't gonna be changing it for a while, as I have no money left.

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    since your bass, amp and the pedal all have eq it could be them all getting in the way of each other. try setting the bass and amp eq flat and then going through the sample settings.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Dont boost the trebble on your bass. Ive noticed that for whatever reason that makes it harder for me to get good full distortion from some units.

9. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Nick, first you say you got a very 'growly' tone.... and then you say you can't get a 'growl' out of it! :confused:

A pedal is not gonna give you a 'growl' (apart from maybe the SansAmp Bass Driver DI)..... you need a new amp! :bassist:

I'm sure you've been told this before... :eyebrow:

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes he has. Im also confused about the 'omg teh growl is amazing' comment then the 'wheres teh growl?!' one.