I just got two MIA Fenders for $1600 CDN ($1000 US) - WHOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Hey, here's a good tip when buying basses. Buy them from people who don't play bass. I totally scored two BRAND NEW used basses for the price of one new bass - just this week!

I got a near-mint Precision for $700CDN ($440 US) and a Jazz for $890CDN ($560 US). Both are 1996 American Standards, sunburst finish (sorry, no digital camera...besides, y'all know what these look like anyways).

The Precision was used for about three years but mostly in the studio. A chip on the headstock but other in mint condition.

The Jazz was used for about a month then stored for years. Unbelievable, nobody snagged this baby. BRAND NEW! Not even a scratch on the finish.

I guess the moral of the story is what my best friend was trying to drill into my head for months: Never discount the used instrument market.

If I bought the same basses, in the same condition, from a major music store, I would have paid $3300 CDN ($2000 US) with tax.

I don't think I will EVER buy new bass gear.

I'm so giddy with joy...!!! I gotta share it with everybody!!!
  2. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    What a great deal. I usually by everything used.
  3. Nice deal there dude!!! I also picked up a Fender last week!! I got a Deluxe P-Bass Special, for well, nothing!! I love getting great deals off people who don't know bass!! haha

(and no, I didn't steal it!!) :)