1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I just had an eye opening thought.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Navybass, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Yeah, a lot of the worst stuff gets weeded out in the distribution phase. If US importers don't like the products compared to the competition, we Americans never even become aware of it. It's a natural filter. There are plenty of sub-par Asian brands, too.

2. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    All good points. Unfortunately, I doubt minimum wage would never completely disappear or even lower. My take on why is because that would mean that everything else in this country would have to lower also. Why, because people wouldn't be making as much money, which means that they wouldn't be able to afford $3.50 per gallon for gas, they wouldn't be able to afford food at the current prices, they definately wouldn't be able to afford health care, because a lot of people can't afford it now, nor would they even be able to afford a place to live.

They could, however, make the imported stuff more expensive by way of import taxes, then open up more manufacturing plants in this country.

3. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    what the F@#$% is that supposed to mean.

4. I think you make a good point. I can't comment on other Asian nations, but I know it's true of Japan. I went to Japan a few months ago and it was very clear to me that everyone takes pride in their work. Even the old men who were employed to stand on the sidewalk and direct pedestrians around minor construction sites or roadworks did their job with a visible level of professionalism rarely seen in my country. I noticed it everywhere over there. I paid an average of $7 US for every meal I ate and each one was served quickly, presented beautifully, and tasted fantastic. Doing a half-assed job is not something that many Japanese people are familiar with. I wish the same could be said about Australia.

5. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    It means from what I've seen Mexicans work harder than Americans. Is that F%^&* clear enough for you?

6. As I said earlier, I can't comment on other nations, but taking pride in your work is just as much a cultural value as it is a personal one in Japan.

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, this certainly has turned pretty. :meh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.