1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I just had *THE TALK* w/my 11-yr-old son

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Jun 22, 2010.

1. It was easy- we were driving, flipping a U-turn when we noticed a couple of dogs going at it right in the street. The following conversation followed:
    Son: Did you see those two dogs?
    Me: Yeah- they were makin' babies. The male dog puts his boy-part into the female dog's girl-parts, and leaves some stuff inside her. Then the sperm cells get into the egg, & you know the biological part, right?
    Son: Yeah...
    Me: It's pretty much the same for people, except we usually don't do it in the middle of the street. Not usually...
    :)

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hopefully your 11 year-old son already knows this :).

3. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Yeah, I don't recommend reading the "Paul McCartney Guide to Lovemaking" either...

4. ...so, what did you learn?

;)

:D

...why don't we d-d-d-d-do it in the road...

5. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    way to take advantage of a "teachable moment!"

no one will be watching us....

6. Now I've got to go driving around looking for dogs in the act... great...

7. Education is so important, it's worth the effort, don't give up, you'll understand how it all works one day...

:D

8. I saw some dogs shaggin today as well , right off the freeway.

The cool thing about kids nowadays they pretty much know it all, who knows when or where they learned it but it amazes me.

9. The word shaggin fits too perfect with your avatar.

10. I never got the talk. :meh:

11. Well, he knows the scientific side but I could tell from the look on his face that he'd very likely never seen triple-X hardcore dog action like that before(we live in town- farms are a great thing for this kind of educational moment). And I agree most 11-yr-olds know what we're talking about, but my kids are a bit sheltered(half-intentionally, half moreless through coincidence- but PLEASE, let's not debate the pros & cons of our particular child-rearing beliefs- we're doing the best we can). :atoz:

12. Apparently your parents were concerned you might use that information, therefore for the safety of all involved, it was deemed best you not know.

;)

13. From what I gather, you drive around until you see dogs doing it, bang a u-turn...

How I ended up with two kids is a complete mystery... There must be more to it...

14. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    PM Bassteban; he'll straighten you out.

Bassteban, nice fathering there. You're done for the day. Go hit the showers and grab yourself a beer.

15. Yeah, beer in the shower! You know that's almost as good as beer in a slide in the swimming pool.

16. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Good. The last thing the world needs is Username Jr.

17. I ain't tellin' that boy NUTHIN.

18. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Pfft. maybe YOU don't make babies in the middle of the street.

That's how us Canadian's roll.

19. Some people just aren't made for the gene pool. That's why they invented abstinence and monasteries.

20. and my chest hair.