Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just joined up with a new band!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eljuapo, May 14, 2004.

1. It is the first time that I have ever been in a real band. I've auditioned a couple of times previously for other groups but they didn't really fit the style of music that I'd like to play.

I so enjoyed last nights session that I really had to share the experience. The band's name is "Ronald Reggae and the Rastones". I can imagine that you don't need me to tell you what kind of music that we'll be playing. We'll be using "The Rastones" for the most part but I did enjoy the Ronald Reggae part. I was really excited though, about the fact that they want to play some stuff that I had suggested like Sly and the Family :bassist: , James Brown, and Jamerson era Motown stuff.

Plus, I had never played with a drummer that was not only able to keep excelent time, but also able to really get into the groove.

:hyper:

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    excellent! congrats and best of luck getting rolling with them...and enjoy it! even better that they are willing to add some stuff you want to do...that's a good sign. :D