I just met Kelly Garni's mom (bassist for Rhoads era Quiet Riot)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by wintremute, Feb 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    So, I just went to a retirement home/center to buy a little practice amp (used but in pristine condition), and as I'm getting into the elevator with the guy selling it, he asks me, "Have you ever heard of Quiet Riot?". I say, "yes". He points to a lady also on the elevator, "Well this is the bassist's mom."

"You're Rudy Sarzo's mom!?!?", I ask. "Oh no, he's still stalking me from NAMM!", I'm thinking.

"No, I'm Kelly Garni's mom. He was the bass player when Randy Rhoads was in the band."

Well, that sweet old lady was so charming, I thought I'd help point out her son's book: Angels with Dirty Faces
    https://smile.amazon.com/Angels-Dirty-Faces-Kelly-Garni-ebook/dp/B00BB5Z1S4

Anyone have any encounters with Kelly Garni? I hope he's as cool as his mom.

PortlandBass77 likes this.
  2. ERicks

ERicks

Feb 22, 2014
    I was the biggest RR fan growing up and read everything I could get my hands on about him...I remember Kelly having a pretty extensive interview in one of the guitar magazines about growing up with Randy and how things changed for him over the years. It was def one of the best pieces I read on him.

wintremute likes this.
  3. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    If you read his book, let me know if it's good.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2021