Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i just need help right now

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stuie86, Jun 14, 2003.

1. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    ive been singing sence i could walk, there were never many people that could sing better then me... ive been in chour, all regouin(semi-finals), won awards, the whole nine yards right

so heres the problem about a year ago i had my tonsals taken out cuase i had strep throut off and on for a year and a half...well

i couldn't sing for months but my doctor said your voice will come back soon dont worry.... ive been fighting this for months and i knew i would never get my voice back so ive tryed to deal with it

ya right.... right

well i can sing alittle... but i will never get my range back that i used to have and it kills me in side when i try to sing something i could have done with out a sweat awhile ago... and now i couldnt even make it throght all regoin try outs.

it may not sound that bad to some of you but it kills me inside .... i just want to go slit that doctor throut....im sorry im just really upset letting it all out like this, and i know its not his fualt

i dont expect replys i just had to let it out, i cant move on... y would some one just take away this great gift, just pray for me

and thanks for listening you guys

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well...maybe it's just puberty coming late, and has nothing to do with the doctor. It happens sometimes that even after the major stages of puberty, a couple last minute changes happen. I've heard of people's voices not fully developing till they were in early adult-hood.

Have you thought about getting castrated? :D

3. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    well i did say that but its cool thanks for your advice

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    don't hate yourself first off. there is no reason to, what did you do that would cause tou to hate yourself.

and then don't hate others, what did they do to you? jokes in good fun? but hate is a strong word, and should be used lightly if ever.

remember the world is a beautiful place, and there doesn't need to be hate anywhere.

5. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i dont hate myself or others, its just the word i picked to use im sorry

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    There is a Web browser that MIGHT be OS X only, I forget, but if it isn't check it out.

OmniWeb, it has a built in spell check.

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    well.. I find it hard to believe that your tonsils would actually have an effect on your voive speaking or singing.. maybe for the first few weeks.. but nothing permanant... they don't have anything to to with your vocal folds.. unless the DR. cut something out he wasn't supposed to... Now if it were your adnoids, then it might be different.. Sometimes when your adnoids are taken out, some people develop a hypernasality in their speech.. but thats your adnoids not the tonsils in your throat.. I think maybe you should talk to a Dr. about this problem.. maybe even a speech therapist..

I am a Vocal performance major and speech pathology major and I haven't heard of anything like this before.. of course I could be wrong.... i don't know everything... well I know almost everything...