Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just ordered a Fender Mike Dirnt Precision (Let´s make a waiting support group)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Dec 11, 2004.

1. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Yesterday I ordered a Fender Mike Dirnt Precision, and I have to wait like 3 o 4 weeks to have the bass in my hands. I know some of you guys have waited many months for a bass, but I have to admit it, this is going to make me crazy....:crying:

Any support thoughts are welcome!!!!!!!!!! :)

By the way, it´s black with white pg.

2. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    If you lived in the states you could probably just go down to your local Guitar Center and pick one up right now!!

we feel for you...

Andrew

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I know, I know......... I had plans to travel to Miami for Christmas but I had to cancel my trip, so I was forced to order the bass. A friend that lives there (Miami) will buy the bass and send it to me, to Venezuela. It could be here in less than a week by plane, but it will cost like $130, so I told him to send it by ship, that way I´ll only pay $40, and I´ll save like $90 but I have to wait like a month... :meh:

4. 3 to 4 weeks?? I have no pity for you! :p :scowl:

Im around month 10! and poor Incubus is on YEAR 3! :bawl:

5. There are some that have to wait years for a bass to be custom made. My Zon only took 3 1/2 months, but it was worth the wait. Good luck. What are the specs on the Dirnt - black, sunburst?

6. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    Black as stated in his first post.

Andrew

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    ;)

8. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    i'm on month 6 now, and probably have another couple to go, so your 3 or 4 weeks don't even register here!!! I actually started a thread a few months back looking to give us waiters a place to vent.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137404

Seriously though, any wait is too much. I feel your pain.

9. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Hello fellas, I´ve just learn that MF doesn´t have the bass on stock and the delivery is due to december 28, more or less, plus 3 weeks of shipping from Miami to Caracas we have like 6 weeks of waiting..... :eek: :cool:

10. Well I am trying to get a ticket to Isla de Margarita for either christmas or new years weekend. I would have to connect in Caracas. Do you know what the import taxes are on that bass?

If I can rent a decent surf board I would rather not take any of mine. But I don't want a bobo stick either. But I wouldn't mind bringing your bass through caracas customs if you want to subsideze my airfare. ;)

I probably will take a 7" fun shape. But it was custom made in honoloa bay and I don't want damaged by the federales.

11. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´m 100% sure you could rent an excellent surfboard there. I went to Margarita on last September and did some Kite-surf, in El Yaque Beach, the best beach for Kite and windsurfing!!!!!!!! don´t forget that name.