Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just ordered a Flea.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Black with white tort pickguard. Bart pup and Aguilar OBP-1. four-banger. Pretty basic but it is my dream bass after all. I had to get rid of my vette for it but i'm giddy like a little girl. It won't be here for a month but it's the thought that counts. Pics will come as soon as that box flies open from the ups man.

:hyper: :hyper:

2. Well, you're a silly billy for selling your warwick, but on the other hand, I like the Flea bass. And if you liek it, that's all that counts man!

3. THe thing was that I was just tearing at that bass and working myself to get the sounds I wanted. I just picked up a flea and it just begged for more, while the warwick was just panting for breath, if you get what i'm saying. Plus the warwick was just SO heavy. I did looooove that headstock though.

4. Modulai are very nice.

The ones I have played felt really good, and sounded very good acoustically, but I'm not a fan of their amplified tone, but that's prolly just a pre choice or something.

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I hate to tell you this, but sources have told me that it is being majorly upgraded in the year to come and the price is going to drop on last years model. Hope you gat a wing ding of a price.

6. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new bass! :hyper:

By the way....Bryan Bailey,
    LOOOOOOVE the new avitar!!! :D :hyper: :D :hyper:

:smug:

7. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Oh really? In what way?

8. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    This is coming from a pretty reliable source:
    A couple different pickup configs
    Black hardware option
    A NEW sticker option (which would be cool)
    Different Pickguard options

And some other stuff that I can't remember.

9. Yup. ;)

10. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Cool!

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Are you sure you want to do that? Do you have any pets in the house? :p (Oh my, I know, that's bad...but still...I had to)

Ray

12. glydebass

glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    dude my congrats.
    I know you have been wanting one for a while. ive seen you on dmbtabs, nancies and the bridge raving about them for a while so im very happy your getting the dream bass. itll be a while before i can afford one buti cant say i would do it much justice. anyway congrats.

13. What does what I paid have to do with this? You'd probably **** yourself if you found out anyway. I don't understand what is with people and having the need to take a steaming poop on other people's happiness on these boards. And they just put out the Flea with J pups, so I don't know if there is even any truth to that.

:confused:

Other then that I do'nt think I've ever been as excited in my life for getting something 'material' so to speak.

14. Like I said they just released the J pup config, and I'm not going to hold my breath for a revolutionary pickguard design. I wouldn't have got it if I didn't think it was perfect as is. I'm not trying to be a bastard and defend my purchase, but I don't like the "lets-rain-on-peoples'-parades" attitude just because we can.

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hey now, watch your place. Watch the useage as well. He wasn't taking a "steaming poop" on your happiness, or anyone elses, he was just saying he knows that the price will be going down soon. Edit: and he actually wished you luck on scoring a good price! No harm at all was meant with his post.

Ray

16. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    No steaming poop intended. I was stating something I heard, maybe someone else was going to purchase one and if I can save someone some green I will do it. :hyper:

17. I always feel bad after yelling

damnit

18. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    YELLING IS LIKE THIS! GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE YOU LOVE IT! It's a great feeling with the first purchase of girth.

Bad_Habit: Thanx for having my back, i'll send you the 40 later. ;)

19. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    Hey man thats sick! Id love to get a modulus sometimes! Where are you located in mass?

20. I'm about fourty five minutes north of Boston.