1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I just ordered a Phil Jones Briefcase

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by D.Don, Sep 23, 2008.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Phil Jones is one of the most honest bass gear manufacturers. He actually publishes measurements and charts. If at any time in the future you need to upgrade you can look at the measurements of what you have now, and think of how it works for you, then make an educated decision on what another model will do based on it's measurements. I wish more manufacturers published actual measurements.

He also vibration and environmentally tests his designs. Why he doesn't promote this more is a puzzle, but the amps are solid and fit their purposes well.

2. wagdog

wagdog

Mar 20, 2000
    Der Waffle Haus
    I have a D-200 and a 6B. This is the best small rig I've ever played (and very light). It won't get stupid loud but if you want solid bottom and impressive articulation then this is it. I'd like to try some of Phil's bigger rigs someday to see if the concept scales up well.

3. As I only play at home, and use the bass for recording when I compose, I just needed a really good small (compact living) practice amp that doesn't have any noise, I practically hate noise and am about to kill my ashdown perfect ten combo, can't wait to throw it out, let's hope the shipping of my flightcase 150 is going fast...

:)

D.Don

4. four2oh

four2oh

Mar 29, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    ok after a couple months of use and A/Bing the PJB Briefcase to my main rig (Mesa Boogie M-2000 w/ Ashdown mini15), i have got to say i really really love the PJB head/di - it's Sooooooo Clean! Sure, 100w PJB portable amp is not gonna get anywhere near the volume/bottom end of the the 300w Mesa rig, but it will definitely hold it own. But for the size & price, the PJB Briefcase is amazing! When i showed up for a gig over the weekend with my Mesa Boogie rig, the drummer was sad i didn't bring the PJB Briefcase, as he loved the tone/sound of it.

5. Oh man, that was amazing.

6. It is in transit! Tracking says est. delivery, the 9th December...

D.Don

7. Annoying, local shipping office just called "when can we deliver?", I answered "this afternoon" but that was too early, grrr.. so, tomorrow morning!!

D.Don

8. Look what the cat dragged in this morning!

[​IMG]

:D

The sound of this lil box is amazing, so firm, pushy, clean and smooth, without the walls shaking!!

D.Don

9. wagdog

wagdog

Mar 20, 2000
    Der Waffle Haus
    Yup! Welcome to the world of PJB!

10. Thanks!

I have a hard time understand this, why wasn't all amps/combos built like this from the start, it simply sounds fantastic and there's no more shakin' stevens. and the physical size and weight, it's almost like one would think it was a joke!

D.Don