I just ordered an Akai SB-1 Deep Impact :D

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dragonlord, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I know you're jealous.

I was looking for one after reading all the raving reviews here. I knew it was discontinued so I didn't look for a new one - I checked some major european online shops and found nothing, so I dropped the idea. I was THIS close to bidding at an ebay auction where a Korean guy with no feedback was selling a new one, when one hour before it ended I found out that it wasn't discontinued too long ago. So I called some greek shops, just to be sure... and there was ONE left!
    I ordered it today, I'll have it next week, it will cost me 228 euro (around $280).

The ebay auction ended at $405+$30 shipping+taxes as it's from Korea.

I know you're jealous.
  2. nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Congrats!! I too scored last piece in my country year ago for $270 :D

Thats the real jewel. On wednesday I finally had an opportunity to check the EH Bass synthesizer in the shop and it was no contest. DI offers much more options and better sounds IMO. I also have Korg G5, which is good, but not as useful.
    Deep Impact is the king, enjoy! :bassist:
  3. Luis Arturo

Luis Arturo

Oct 21, 2005
    Washington DC
    I have just returned from a one-week trip to Frankfurt, Germany, and what did I buy there? Can you guess? ;)

An Akai Deep Impact SB-1 !!!!

Although I had been lusting after one of these for a while, I was not really looking for it, as I know they are difficult to find and/or very expensive.

But I just came across this pedal, completely new, in its box, at the Musik-Schmidt store. It seems it was collecting dust there for the last 5 years or so...

It was 'just' 250 euros (227 with tax refund). Now, back at home in Mexico, I have realized this is now the best pedal in my pedalboard. Total funk madness!

Hey... This is my first post at TB!
  4. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Welcome to TB, you lucky git! :p