I just ordered an Automagic Earthquake Wah!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Jan 13, 2005.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Well, I've been GASing for one since I saw it's review in Bass Player but never really could justify the $280 price tag. But recently I decided it would be fun to incorporate some wah into my band and I've heard a lot of good things about the Earthquake pedal. Now, thanks to a bonus at work, the pedal shall be mine soon. I ordered it from Pedalgeek.com and hopefully will recieve it next week. It's my first wah pedal so it will be weird getting used to it, but I'm gonna try and use it sparingly. haha.

I'm starting my pedalboard and my plan so far is such:
    Fulltone Bassdrive (already have)
    MXR M-108 10-band EQ (have)
    MSD Automagic Earthquake Wah (soon enough!!!)
    Pedaltrain pedalboard
    Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
    Some DI/Preamp box like the MXR M-80
    Maybe a Loooper switchbox for the Overdrive/EQ combo
    Dunlop DC Brick

I'm just buying stuff little by little, but I'm looking forward to being able to have some fun effects available! I'll post a review of the Earthquake Wah after I get it and try it out some.
    By the way, anyone have any suggestions for a preamp/DI box? I'm not real big on the Sansamp BDDI cause it has no mid control. I'm thinking about the M-80 but I'm not sure yet. I just want a good DI box with some tone controls in case I'm playing a venue that doesn't have a mic for my cab.

2. Congrats Stingraykid21!
    Earthquake is awesome wah. I`ve also had one for a while and I am still learning new sides of it. Very verstile wah pedal.
  3. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    A suggestion about pedal powering: Buy a Godlyke Powerall. $40, and it will power just about anything you plug into it, super quiet.

Good luck with the EQ-1. I've really wanted one for a long time, but I'm not spending ~$300 on a wah. Hope you enjoy.
  4. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for the info. I looked at the Godlyke powerall, but will it power an 18V pedal? My MXR-108 EQ requires 18V so that is why I was looking at the Dunlop DC brick since it has 3 18V outs.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for cables to buy for routing between pedals? I'd like to avoid having a big mess of cables, but all the small "patch cables" I find online are around $30-40 for 2 cables. Any info would be great!

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Ernie Ball patch cables are about $8 each.
  6. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Hm. I don't know if the Godlyke will power 18v. It might, if you had a jumper that combined two of the daisy chain outlets into a single outlet. Email the company and ask.

For cables, check out George L's. You can buy a cable kit with 10' of cable and enough 1/4" jacks to put together five cables, all for about $50.