Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just ordered....(drumroll, please)..........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Feb 24, 2002.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    ...my new R Bass!!! It's a 4 string single cutaway, alder body, 3 piece quartersawn maple neck, horse chestnut top, Bart J pickups, Haz-Lab preamp, fretted pink ivorywood fingerboard, gold Hipshot hardware, and Undercover bag!!! It should be ready in early July!!
    Does anyone here have any experience with Haz-Lab preamps? I have that option, or the East preamp. Any pros or cons? I'm looking for versatility..:D

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Do you have any example pics of your future bass? Whats the home page for their site, I couldnt find one.

3. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    There's no site yet..he'll have one up really soon. Check out thelowend.net...there's a link to a page with a bunch of basses he's built.
    It should be sweet!

4. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    here's the r bass i just ordered. it's a bad mf. i'm shakin.:D

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Congrats guys.
    As a public service to my fellow lowenders, make sure that those truss rods are good! He's had some problems in the past with his. I'm not pooping on your parades, I just wanna make sure that you're happy with your basses.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    BTW, I owned an Acacia with an East preamp, It was the "bee's knees"! Amazing preamp. You can't go wrong either one.

7. PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    here's the pic. it didn't load earlier.

8. PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    do the new ones have truss rod problems?

9. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I spoke w/Ray yesterday....he said that there was only one bass with a truss rod problem, and that the problem is worked out...it was one of his earlier ones. Anyway, they do play great!!!

10. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    They look like really fine instruments. If you do a search, you'll find some old threads where we kicked R Basses around a while. The few people who had tried 'em loved 'em as much or more than the Foderas and Carl Thompsons they were compared to!

...if that's any indication:D

11. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Just received my new Fender Roscoe Beck 5. I ordered it from Guitar Center. This is my second Roscoe Beck 5 and I'm pumped up. These are great basses. They sound great with my new Aguilar rig.
    I'm set for a while but I'm sure I'll get G.A.S. soon.
    I ordered this bass and the set-up from Fender was excellent.