1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I just placed an order!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Mar 28, 2006.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    For a YBA200. It should be here in 5 day!! I can't wait to play it and compare the YBA200 to my Bassman 135:)

2. Congratulations! I have almost pulled the trigger on that one a few times. Keep us updated and let us know how it works out.

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    in for the read.

4. tagging along

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    An order doesn't exist until you post a pic of the reciept. Thats the rules :p

6. tagging along

7. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    If I lose a 3rd straight Sunn auction, I'll just get one of these instead.

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Well I might just being selling my Bassman 135 if this YBA200 is just as good as I have read;)

9. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Keep me posted! :D

10. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    it will be here on the 6th of next week!! nad how did the Sunn amp come along?;)

11. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Why would you sell the Bassman? They are such great amps. I think most of the people that have sold them regret it.

But I'm in for the read.

12. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    im in for the read. definatly thinking about going all tube. i never need my whole 700 watts. i basicaly biamp, so its only 350w anyways.

13. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    one more day til it's here!!!!:eek:

14. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I got the YBA200 in a few days a go, and have played it at two shows, and one practice. When I received it from UPS I right away hooked it up to my CXL112's, and it sounded pretty good. Very wide array of tones available from this head. Then I plugged in my Bassman 135....well needless to say you can't get a vintage tube tone out of a new tube head:p There is just something that the Bassman has that no other amp can recreate. The Bassman sounds very smooth, and round, but doesn't cut as well as the YBA200. Also I thought the Bassman overdrives, but after using the YBA200 I see that the BAssman 135 doesn't OD ever when the gain is set at 10, and the volume set at 8. All in all I love both heads for how they sound, but I'm going to sell the Bassman 135 to rise money for this summer's tour