Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just put on my first bass strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Brendan, Aug 1, 2000.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I tell you, having spent $35 on a set of fender 7350s Ms, and having been very over charged (it's the only strings for an hour, they make a killing), I was very anxious about putting them on (having snapped one the day before). I snipped the tips, and wound them without incident, much to my relief. I was soo worried about breaking them. Now I feel much better having done it, and not ruining the strings! Just letting you guys know!

------------------
    "Did you say I'm JUST the bassist? Them's fightin' words."

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'm proud of you. Congrats [​IMG]

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats, brendan

bizarre, as i answer this, i've got 2 punch the monkey ads, it's like they're racing. [​IMG]

anyway, why don't you look into buying strings online?

------------------
    you wanna see a frustrated guitarist? let a guitarist try to do something useful on one of my basses. _THAT'S_ a frustrated guitarist.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by john turner:
    anyway, why don't you look into buying strings online?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

because I needed them ASAP, so I had to spend the money. I had to make a practice (the first with my new band) and it was the only time for the next two weeks. I have three sets coming in the mail as it is. (from online)

------------------
    "Did you say I'm JUST the bassist? Them's fightin' words."

5. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Hey Brendan, congratulations. Now all you need to learn is how to set your relief, action, and intonation. [​IMG]