1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I just ran a half marathon!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassist11, May 21, 2011.

1. So I ran the Fargo half marathon this morning in 2:10. First race of any kind for me. I thought it was a lot of fun though.

Highlights of the race were getting passed by a man holding a 20 oz. of Bud Light, seeing signs like "don't **** yourself" and "naked cheerleads 1 mile ahead" (saw that one twice actually), and all the bands along the route. The event has a live band or DJ about every mile on the route so that was pretty neat.

I'm looking forward to another half marathon now. Frankly a full marathon is really intimidating. I can't imagine doing what I did twice in a row....

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Congrats. Nice time for your first.

I'm not ready to even attempt a marathon, but I think a friend and I are going to try the MS50 in 2012. While it is longer than a marathon, it is more endurance event and less of a race, persay.

3. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Congrats, I'm training for one. Hopefully my Fifty-somethin' knees will make it!

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    The half-Marathon is the race that is held in honor of the Greek soldier who ran halfway to Athens after the Battle of Marathon.

5. As opposed to the bisected Greek soldier who ran all the way. :bag: