I just realized something! My band has four bass players.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Im in a 5 peice metal band called Trickledown.
    We have 4 bass players.
    First off,
    I play bass, Drumming is my main thing, but I play each alot.
    Then on to our bass player Richard, hes cool, because he looks like Billy Corgan.
    My lead singer, she plays bass!
    In fact she has some really nice gear!
    trace elliot tube amps, gibson basses.
    My lead guitarist, plays bass for the church youth band sometimes.

The only one that doesn't play bass is our rhythm guitarist, hes always cranky.

I think he needs the power of the bass!

Sorry for this probably useless thread.
    but.. my question is?
    Anybody on here been this lucky before??
  2. LOL.. its okay..

So.. youre band never puts 2 or more basses at a time?
  3. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Yeah, I think alot of bands are like this. In my band we all play all the instruments. We're all drummers, guitarists and bassists, and I play keyboard as well, so that makes 2 keyboardists too. Plus we all sing. One good thing about this is every so often we will all switch intstruments for a song or two. Makes it sound a little more interesting.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My funk/classic rock band only has one person that plays bass...me.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Both of my bands are kind of like that.

Lucid Dreamer - I play bass, drums, guitar and a little keyboards. David plays guitar, drums, bass and keyboards. Troy plays drums, bass and keyboards. But we all stick to our primary instrument, no switching off.

Vinny & the Jets - I play bass, drums, guitar and a little keyboards. David plays guitar, drums, bass and keyboards. Jessie plays drums, guitar, bass, piano and keyboard. We do occasionally switch off.

And at church, all three of our piano players also play organ and keyboards, two of them play sax, and one of those two also plays violin, cello, viola, bass guitar, string bass, clarinet, and a bunch of other orchestra instruments. He is a music teacher.
  6. So you mean 4 people in your band play the bass PLUS another instrument or are you saying that 4 bassist play at the same time in your band? Im so confused:confused:
  7. In my main band, my drummer used to be the bassist, but turned to drums, then my guitarist became the bassist, but then converted to guitar, so here I am, the 3rd bassist in my band!