Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just recieved my second Eden 210 XST and Guess What..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jawzzz, Mar 4, 2004.

1. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    UPS delivered my second XST cab today. I was worried at first because there was a 6" tear on the side of the box on my porch. It was on the back side of the cab so I was not to worried. I opened it up and examined it closely. Fortunately it was in perfect condition. Then I noticed something on the input panel............It had Speakons instead of binding posts!

When did Eden start to do this? I was very happy to find this new development because most of my cables are Speakon. The only thing that sucks, is now it will be harder to run my cabs in series so I can get an 8 ohm load. BTW, both cabs are 4 ohm.

I am really amazed at how loud these two cabs are together. Not to mention, they sound incredible. I am running them in stereo at 750 watts each side which is plenty of power for my situation. I can't wait to get back to band practice and put them up against both my guitarists full stacks. I will crush them. :D :bassist:

2. The manual (printed and online "update" on their site) still says binding posts, but mine are both speakon as well. The website and spec sheets also say 450 watts, but the cabs are labeled 500 watts. The website is still pushing the all new 2003 product catalog, too (I wonder if we will see the 2004 catalog before 2005?). I don't think they worry much about the website or manuals. The gear is great, though. :)

I'm running my XSTs on an iAMP 800 (for a week now. Thanks, Bob!). I am very happy with this setup, the sound is incredible and the whole setup is very versatile. The same amp will run the single 8 Ohm D210XST nicely (500 watts at 8 Ohms from the iAMP) or two XST cabs (my second is 4 Ohm) for higher volume needs. It is a very odd feeling to be completely satisfied with my rig... My Acoustic Image is relegated to upright and acoustic (where I meant it be anyway) and my WT-330 is now my 'keep at the office' amp (I'm very fortunate in what I can do here :cool: ). There are still a few basses in the "would be nice to have" category, but no more GAS left here. I didn't think I'd ever be here...

3. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    It would be nice to see this years catalog This Year. ;) I am really satisfied with my rig also, but I don't think that the G.A.S. will ever go away, just the money to support it. :D

4. I'm not sure they remember they have a website, there are a lot of little issues (IE the "click for closeup" link for the WT-330 brings up a WT-300 (very different) picture, the link for the new 1400 power amp goes to the WT-550, etc) that would be simple to fix, yet they remain months later. I'm starting to find the old catalog amusing, but it does reflect poorly on the company to have these issues on their site.

The great thing about the break from GAS is that when it comes back, I'll have the money in the bank to deal with it. It is still an odd place to be, where the only thing I'm really wanting is a fresh stack of lead sheets...