I just rocked the practice tonight!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trevorus, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, I finally got my rig together. Ampeg 4x8, and hartke 410XL, with a GK 1001 head on top. Sanamp out in front with the P bass. I have just one word to describe the awesomeness of it: Earthquake. It was just the most thundering monster ever. Punch to knock out a giant, and low end to rattle anything within the neighborhood. I think I have my perfect rig. It's the first real test, and it passed with flying colours. My drummer has always been proud to say that he has always been louser than me, but not tonight, my low end friends. His decibel record has been shattered. I want to buy an SPL meter and see where I am at... This oughtta be fun. And yes, I did wear ear plugs. And suprisingly, no cops showed up.
  2. Did I ever tell you guys about the time the drug dealers down the street from me called the cops because my SVT was drowning out their thump cars? 7:00 PM on a Saturday inside a closed garage and the cops ignored the drug dealing in the street to tell me to turn down... now THAT'S volume. :D
  3. there is something about playing through a loud setup.
    the best sound i´ve got(and the most fun to play) was when putting together V4bh -4x12
    V4b´70-2x12 and 6x10

and the volume up alot! no need for any overdrive pedals.
    a guy i use to play uses an intresting rig when playing bass(his a guitarplayer)
    p-bass into marshall superbass 100 -4x12 and 2x15
    fender bassman 100 -2x15
    ampeg V4 - 4x12 and folded horn 1x15
    he uses the same setup for guitar(or at least used to)and it´s just he and a drummer.
  4. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    congrats on the new setup. i know how it is sometimes to not have enough low end. both my guitar players use marshall 4-12s and at first i only had a mesa boogie 4-10. you could tell i was there in practice but i just wasn't satisfied. so i bought the matching 1-15 mesa cab and now, they are begging me to turn down. FYI, using GK 700RBII head...pushing about 480 @ 4 ohms. just enough to rock the house....x10! but congrats on the setup.
  5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It's awesome when you start going beyond hearing what your playing and more into feeling it... and then everything is totally enveloped by it. When you're not fully aware of how big your sound really is until you say to yourself, "wow!" And you're not sure if you said it or just mouthed it. :smug:
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Oh yeah. It really is an amazing rig. I had to turn the bass DOWN! I couldn't believe it. With just 10's and 8's, I figured it would be a bit lacking, but not so. We were in a basement, so the neighbnors would not be bothered. But it was really amazing. And I am a HUGE fan of mismatched stacks. I do like the sound of a uniform rig, but all my stuff has been mismatched, and it sounds amazing!
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    most times the Mutt makes the better dog :bassist:

Congrats... those 4x8 cabs rock!
  8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Sounds cool. I had the same type of thing going on when I had both of my 410 HLF's running under my SVT4 Pro. That was the kind of volume that could blow the clothes right off of the girls.

But, the most fun was at an outdoor gig last summer. One Peavey 810TX plus two 410 HLF's plus one SVT4 Pro. All I can say is WOW!! :D

Congrats on the rig, sounds like a pretty cool setup. :)