I just saw something that was sorta breathtaking.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by page, Oct 13, 2005.

1. And I'm not even sure it really happened. I was sitting in my room with Emerson, Lake, and Palmer's Karn Evil 9 Suite playing and I look out the window and I see these two birds. They were white with grey lining around their wings. To me they looked like Falcons, but I doubt they were because I've never actually seen a Falcon in person and I don't think there are any around here any way. Anyways, they were flying in circles around each other. My first thought was that they were playing, or maybe mating or something. But then I see one swoop at the other and sorta drive its beak into the thing's chest. They were fighting, I was sure. I watched them go at it for nearly 10 minutes . Then one of em fell into the bushes and didn't come back up. The other waited over the bush to see if it's foe would return but it didn't so it flew off. I then went outside to see if this was really real. Well then im digging through the bushes trying to find the body but theres not one there. Weird...........while they were fighting it felt like I didn't breathe the entire time. Strangely enough it was a very beautiful , almost majestic thing , watching them fight. Now I'm not so sure it happened because there's no body , Im not on anything, but you know "tricks of the mind " or whatever. But if it did happen , it was truly one of most amazing things i've ever seen.

Just thought I'd share.
  2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I recommend laying off the acid
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends" indeed.

You remember how far out in BFE my folks' house is right? Their are owls that are ginormous out there. I think one day my cat might be a snack for one of them.

There are also some fair sized deer that roam ours and neighbor's yards.
  4. Once, a fly landed on my bass. I looked at it, and it was looking back at me. :p
  5. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

I mean.....Duuuuuuuude

I know EXACTLY what you mean.....whoa....
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

That Devils Rock 'n' Roll made the birds fight I tell Ya!

The ELP is kinda rockin' too.
  7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Some birds of prey look like they are fighting when they are actually in a mating ritual/courtship/dance. Maybe they weren't fighting.
  8. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Maybe one was being a cocktease...
  9. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Maybe that stuff really is stronger these days...
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Perhaps the body was in the bushes, you were just not looking in the right place. You need to go back outside and look around some more.

11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

If you were the Qintar you would have walked outside, raised your forearm and summoned the winner of the battle to you with a Beastmaster-like hawk screech. Then he would serve you all of his days, the King of the Falcons and a loyal companion to his benevolent, ELP-loving master.

brad cook
  12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Speaking from experience Mr Qin...er...Mr. Cook???

13. so maybe i SHOULD kill my neighbor.......... :eyebrow:
  14. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I agree. I know aspirin and MicroDots sorta look alike, but next time check the bottle okay?

15. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Maybe the other bird snuck off quietly and without a trace, fooling you all?
  16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I went hiking today. We went deep into the hills and stumble upon half of a dead deer. It was stinky.
  17. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

You mean yourself. So much so to post a topic on talkbass. :eyebrow:

:D :D