Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just want to know....

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by 74rickbass, Oct 4, 2002.

1. This is sorta a pointless post but...

What are Gibson Eb-O/Eb-3's like?
    I know you play a eb-3 so Thought you'd know.
    I really want one, yes I know, they are suposed to have a very muddy tone due to the pickup/pickup placement and the short scale but Like that sound.

Oh, you make at LEAST a little money...so...can you buy me a epiphone EB-O?!!!! I'm too poor!:D :D

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

first off, I don't have to bones to buy you a bass - sorry. remember, I'm the man in the van w/a bass in my hand - not rolling in cash and having it easy.

now, let's talk about the little gibson. I switched out the neck pickup for a dimarzio and added a bartolini preamp. this helps big time. the original machines are pretty muddy. the pickups are in a weird place too but I changed the selector switch to a "blend" balance pot and that helps too. I like the short scale cuz my hands have started to hurt by playing the big ones live. oh well. you have to learn to change when change comes down on you.

make sure you play the bass you're gonna get and you dig it. the best reason for getting a certain bass is cuz you like it and not cuz some other cat is working it. just my opinion.

on bass, watt

3. Thanks for the reply.
    I love the EB-O basses for some reason unknown.
    I even string my schecter bass with flats and turn everybit of highs I can off. This suprizes alot of people since I`m 14 years old.

Oh BTW, I think you know this but, I was just joking about the buying me a bass thing, athough I do want epeiphone EB-O.

4. watt

hey,

fourteen is an ok age, don't feel bad about it. everyone has to find their own bass "path" anyway so if your secure enough to take things on your own, the better for you. damn, I wish I had that kind of confidence when I was your age! very inspiring, thank you.

on bass, watt

5. *In a confuesed voice*

Wha?:confused: :D

6. watt

hi,

don't fret, lots of voices are confused, you are not alone.

I was just trying to let you know it's ok to explore your own way w/the bass, no matter what your age.

on bass, watt