Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just went and ordered a Stewart World 1.6...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by um... yeah, Jan 23, 2005.

1. ... and I hope I made a good choice this time. My other choice was a Crest ST, but I chose the former. Why? Because I think it looks cooler. Any thoughts?

2. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    Lots 'o power, really light weight - sounds like a winner to me.

3. Hmmm...by looking at your profile, I'd say it seems we're chasing the same tone. All I need are the Bergs to complete the picture. :D

Yeah there do seem to be some good deals on these. I will be paying $719 U.S. not including shipping. That's at least $100 cheaper than most places. :D I can't wait to hook this baby up. Anyone want a Hafler P4000?

4. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I have a 1.6 and I love it. I have been powering a Demeter VTBP 210S, but I just traded the Demeter to someone for their Aguilar DB659...it should arrive next week. I must admit I'm probably dumb enough, that I don't deserve one. I bought it used and when I plugged it in and turned it on, it didn't come on. At first I got all mad wondering why someone would sell me something that didn't work, thinking I got ripped off, etc. I finally looked at the owner's manual and discovered the power on has a delay mechanism and it takes a little while to power up. Duh...I was finally able to get the "L" off my forehead. Enjoy it!!!