1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I just went looking for basses in Banglaore India

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Road Hat, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Road Hat

Road Hat

Oct 9, 2008
    I'm currently visiting India on business, and I decided on my day off to go forth on a quest to find electric basses in Bangalore. After researching, I found a store less than an hour away, but it was wayyyy off the beaten path. Single lane dirt road, jam packed with all sorts of traffic and people. No street signs, etc., but the driver found it right away! Impressive.

furtado india.

I had no idea what to expect. I thought there would probably be Cort, Yamaha, maybe Squier, etc. First one I run across is this Java. I've never seen this brand before. It is made in Indonesia, and it is really put together well. Hardware, fit/construction, all is as it should be. The finish was pretty cool as well. USD $277

java bass.

Next up are a selection of Samick basses- Jazz and P/J. Fit and finish very nice as well, pleasantly surprised. $150 USD

samick bases.

Next up is a brand I've never heard of - Chateau. Really cool ABG, and sounded fantastic even unplugged. Only $300 USD!

chateau bass.

Last up is this Samick/Greg Bennett Design six string. Wow, was I surprised to see this one. Wood selection/Fit/Finish/Action/Pickups were all top notch, and it sounded great! This one listed for $577 USD.

samick greg bennet.

Quite the trip, and a great way to spend the day in another culture, even if the customer service was very Guitar Center-like...

Killed_by_Death and GuitarJay like this.
  2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    I've been to Bangalore. We did a lot of lighting at the airport and a few hotels around the city. If you're near, go check out the rooftop bar at the Ritz Carlton - that lighting is mostly us as well.

Didn't think to check out music stores myself, was too busy in the bathroom (my stomach isn't a fan of Indian food).

Road Hat likes this.