1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I just won a Genz Benz GBE500H on ebay!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by panic_striken, Dec 29, 2005.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    For $197 :bassist: 400 watts @ 4ohms & 525 watts @ 2ohms!!!! Now I'm gonna pair it with a 4 ohm Aguilar S410 for right now, and in a month or so I'm gonna add an Aguilar GS212 4ohm :D Oughta be a pretty nice rig.........ya think??? Opinions are welcome :bag:

2. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I think you did real well.

I've never played Genz Benz, but have heard good stuff and when I checked out the heads in a local shop the fit and finish was excellent. Congrats!

3. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    STEAL! :hyper:

4. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    It is a tube hybrid like the GBE600. It has the one 12ax7 in the preamp, and solid state poewr amp. Kinda off subject a little, but what are some really warm, high gain tubes that would fit??? And if I did for some reason switch would it be a very noticable difference since it's a hybrid??? Also, anyone know how an active bass will react to the tubes??? I have an active Warwick Corvette w/ Aero type 1 pups.

5. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    In my 600, I have never gotten around to messing with the tube. The tube channel does sound pretty much like the solid state channel, it's probably the tube, but I'm lazy.

I use active and passive with mine, usually on the passiv esetting but if the input is too hot I use the active/passive switch on the amp's input. Don't know if yours has one. My amp cost me $600, for a little less wattage you did really well. Just be careful about admitting you use more than a 2X10. You know how that upsets some people. :ninja:

6. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I'm thinking about putting a Tung-Sol 12ax7 in there. Opinions.......experiences???

7. there is one up there now im the high bidder so let me win people:p

8. Genz-Benz Puts ruby tubes in their hybred heads I have changed mine to JJ tubes from Eurotubes. Much warmer and smoother sounding than the Ruby. IMHO