1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Just Wrote a Song 10 Minutes Ago

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by plangentmusic, Nov 23, 2010.

1. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Banned

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan
    And recorded it.

I was reading all this talk about 2 piece bands and stoner metal bands. Didn't seem too hard, so I broke out the Rick, turned up the distortion and pressed "record."

It may not be a masterpiece but at least it has a hook. :)

One bass. One take. It was fun.

Go here to the first song "You Can't Change The World." http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/nelsonmontana

2. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    Sounds like a guitar.. not a bass. Is it?

It sounds good as a wee demo.

I'd like to hear more low end in there, maybe a little less fuzz or low clean tone mixed with the fuzz. With a riff like that it needs to kick you in the chest as well as the head! :D

And turn up the vocals on the verses!. It sounds very interesting but I can't discern the words. I'd track the "Can't change the world" parts with some more vocal harmonies. That would sound awesome.

Wish all my first takes were as competent!

:bassist:

3. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Banned

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan
    Yeah, just a Rickenbacher bass. That's the thing when you get into heavy distortion (which I normally never use). The difference between guitar and bass blurs.

I might go back and actually try to do something with it. But it was more a statement on minimalism.

I didn't really have lyrics for the verse. I was too lazy to write them so as an inside joke, I was reciting the words to the song "You Light Up My Life. " LOL!!!

4. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    Wow, that heavy distortion really makes it sound like a guitar!

That's funny about the lyrics. I write stuff in a similar way, get the hook line, then just yadda yadda the verses until I have to knuckle down and write proper words!

Good for you making a statement anyway.