Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I know Conan far to well.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    He just said "What could be scarier than the hulk" I turn to my friend, $5 Hulk turns into Hillary Clinton.

And then Hulk did turn into Hillary Clinton... damn I'm good.

Now, what to do with zis $5?

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Send it to Paul for your excessive use of bandwidth.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah I knew it had to be either Hilary or Martha.

But since they did that transformation thing with martha a couple nights ago, I figured hilary was more likely.

Conan does get a little predictable at times, but he's still funny as hell, and his show is the best late night show.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Everything he does is predictable... What is really funny is when no one is going along with it, or something screws up, and he just admits it and does something like "Just pretend the phone is attached..." blah blah... That show is one big goof up... but it beats the shiznat out of leno.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya know, Conan really doesn't goof up that much, I mean the blatantly obvious stuff he addresses, but for the most part his show runs pretty damn smoothly.

Leno is on right now, and his skit in the beginning messed up twice, and that's not the first time I've seen his bits mess up.

Leno is pretty worthless though, but, old people find him funny, so I guess he does serve some purpose.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...I mean everyone knew that he would bring in a character with gigantic ears who passes out preparation H while he sings a song about it...or a character who comes out and sings about his bullet proof legs, a bear that masterbates, a dog that is an insult comic...those were all so predictable. After watching Conan for 2 weeks I turned to my friend and bet him 5 bucks that all of those characters would come into existence...predictable.

brad cook

7. I dun wanna get into politics or anything....but whats the hype on Hillary CLinton? why is she getting noticed?:)

:oops:

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Granted his humor and skits are a little "out-there" about 80% of the time when he starts talking about something as preparation for the skit, I know what it's going to be. In THAT sense they are predictable.

Futhermore the conanlogue is usually pretty predictable.

I love the show, and even when I know the punchline as he is saying the set-up, its still funny.

But that's just his style, Every once in a while he'll do something wild, jump around in the aisles, make fun of a child, but all that's mild, compared to some things that are vile, that will leave you beguiled, and you'll cry all, day.:D :D :D

seriously though, conan is predictable at times, all comedians that you follow are, whenever I see adam sandler or chris rock, I might not know exactly what each ones set will be about but I know sandler will probably say "oooha!!!!" and chris rock will probably make fun of white people.

That's just the way it works when you are familiar with something(or someone)

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    She wrote a book. and she is considering running for president next election.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I predicted that this would be your reply.

brad cook

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yes, it's true. Hillary is now a bestselling fiction author.

brad cook

:D

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ziinnng. :D

13. I predicted that you predicted his reply.

14. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    this thread is great.....FOR ME TO POOP ON!

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Knowing what your avatar was before reading this post, I predicted you'd say that :rolleyes:

16. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Conan, seems to fill in that "hip" niche that appeals to young more liberal minded adults. Thus, I enjoy him very much. :D

I agree, he is predictable in his skits, but I think Conan has great chemistry with his guest, during interviews.

I miss some of his old skits from back in the Andy Richter days. Like his "In the Year 2000" bit, or when he use to take a member of the audience (well, really an actor) and write a song about them, with it always ending with them chasing him around his desk.

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, I mean "Andy richter controls the universe" is a great show, hilarious.

and I have(for the most part) gotten over him not being on conan anymore. but lately I've been missing him more and more. It would be great if he came back, I doubt it will happen, but it would rule.

Maybe he'll be there for the 10th aniversary show.

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Richter rules. Conan still does "In the Year 2000" but he just does it with his guest instead of Andy. His one with Mr. T was hilarious (I predicted that it would be). I like that Conan realizes that the interview is not really about the guest...it's about his show and making people laugh. No one cares about the trivial crap from these people's lives and he knows that and just tries to keep it funny.

brad cook

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, too bad they aren't renewing it for this year. :(

brad cook

20. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Did anyone see the other night when Andy did come out for year 2000, he didn't get nearly the applause I thought he would get.