Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I know GC sucks, but....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AssMan, May 30, 2001.

1. AssMan

AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    I know GC sucks, but I just scored a brand new DeArmand Pilot Pro 5-string in trans. black for $249 at their memorial day sale thing this weekend. (list of $749, sells for $419). I love it, the ash body sings, it weighs nothing, tight B string, and some wide-ass string spacing (compared to my Ibanez SR anyway). The pilot really puts my Ibanez in it's place, the damn thing sounds good regardless of my Carvin RC210's EQ. With the Ibanez, you'd have to sit tweak the thing for along time to get it just right before you'd get an acceptable tone (the Carvin is one tweakable amp too). Well I'm using some hyperboles here, but you get the point. Anyone want an Ibanez SR 5-string? The only thing that sucked was when I was buying the pilot, there was a pilot deluxe (the neck through one) 5-string for the same price with a natural finish and ash body for the same price, $249, that I was going to get, but we took it to counter to ring it up, and it turned out that it had the wrong price tag on it, and was actually selling for like $400 something (still a great deal, but I didn't feel like paying that much extra for the neck-through feature, the pro and the deluxe sounded pretty much the same, and the deluxe was set up really bad (you could tell it'd been on the floor for awhile) and the pro was set up perfectly (a rarity at GC unless the bass just hit the floor, but even then the setups usually suck). Setups are no big deal, I do all my own adjustments anyways, but it's nice not to have screw with it so it'd feel and play right. Besides, when I sell my Ibanez because it's no longer needed, I'll should get more than enough $$ to finance the pilot, and still have cash left over to spend on strings or beer or something. Anyway, what are your opinions on the pilot PRO V? Oh yeah, I got the pilot just in time for our big gig on Sun. at grand ave. (If you live in Minnesota, you know where I'm talking about) for the "grand old days" thing. It's like a big block party/fair/festival/whatever type thing. They close down a couple miles of grand ave. for it, and about 250,000 people come through, so hopefully someone will see us. We're on at noon in the Ruminator Books parking lot and we're called "Fustigated" in case anyone's curious. Thanks for reading this thing if you did.

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    wide string spacing eh? try my Warwick Streamer Stage I :D

DM:D

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrat's on the new addition to your family!!!!! I hate the big chains also. I go in there every once in a while because they always have something they want to blow out. Sound's like a really nice but. I should go play one.