1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I Know I'll Just Be Ruining It But....(Warmoth)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Asgard222, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Asgard222

Asgard222

Apr 4, 2008
    Can I ask Warmoth to add the pickups to the body by themselves? I'm thinking of buying a Warmoth, but I'm completely hopeless with electronics, and I don't want to spend money buying solders and stuff.

Now I KNOW that this'll be completely defeating the purpose of Warmoth, but as stated above I don't want to spend unnecessary money.

They probably would say no right? Just need some confirmation.

Thanks

2. msiner

msiner

Sep 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Just order all of the parts you need and take it to a luthier or tech in your local area. I can't imagine Warmoth charging any less (they probably more because that doesn't seem to be their thing) and you can establish a working relationship with a local person in case you have any problems, questions, or future modification needs.

3. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Warmoth doesn't do any installation or assembly other than nut work. Take it to a tech.

4. they will not assemble the bass in any way - putting electronics in, attaching the neck or hardware. But they do a great job at what they do, providing the finished bodies and necks, and if you want they'll sell you the extra parts to put it together yourself.

5. Asgard222

Asgard222

Apr 4, 2008
    Yeah thanks, I found a local luthier who can do the job.