i know it really doesn't matter but..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rocking 4 life, Apr 28, 2002.

1. what is the best color of a fender MIM j-bassin your option? i'm getting one soon and i dont know what color to get it.. any suggestions? thx! :)
  2. ahhhh but see, i'm not looking for a color chart or the best colors for a Warwick Streamer LX-5.

i'm asking everyone what color they think looks best on a fender j-bass.. :)
  3. i have a sunburst, and it's beautiful. they only problem is it being so common. i'd prefer something original. the dark red is nice (wine?) and lake placid blue, if they offer it on the jazz.
  4. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I have a black one. however, the new blue agave looks kinda cool to me. The midnight wine seems too purply depending on how the light hits it. Sunburst is great-nice and traditional. Thats what i think. Hope pick one that you like.
  5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Didn't I just see a thread like this a few days ago? Please, people -- if your search function doesn't work, you may want to contact Paul.
  6. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I like white on a Fender Jazz.
  7. when to guitarworks today and got my color choices :) ..

2)midnight wine
    3)sage metallic
    4)blue agave

i like the black and the sunburst but there's too common but the sage and the midnight wine looks good too...
  8. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    My MIM Jazz is Midnight Wine, and it looks great, especially with the white pearl pickguard I put on it.
  9. the search works fine i used it and couldn't find anything on jazz bass colors so i started a new thread :)

if u did see a thread a few days ago could you please link it? thanks :)
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

1) Natural Ash, black pickguard
    2) Sunburst, tortoise pickguard
    3) Black, white pickguard
    4) Lake Placid Blue, white pickguard
  11. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Black and white are nice, but I saw that Sage Green Metallic in person, and it's reeeeally nice. Kind of the green version of Blue Agave, which is also nice. I'd go for the Sage Green.