1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Know It's A Full Moon, But...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassfran, Mar 4, 2018.

1. bassfran

bassfran

Mar 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Endorsing artist: Lakland basses
    So, last night after work I decided to stop by one of my usual eateries for dinner. I'm a frequent-flyer and most of the staff knows me by name. It was about 7pm and they were a little busy, so I grabbed a beer and picked a quieter 2-top to unwind while I waited for my food. (FWIW, it's a "healthier" chain whereby you order/pay and they bring your meal when it's ready.)

About half way through a delicious new-to-me dish and a bottle of tasty brew a family of 4 walks in and takes seats at a nearby, long table. I wouldn't have paid much attention to them but I saw that they were carrying bags from the chain restaurant next door, which they then proceeded to eat without ordering anything from the restaurant we were in.

I truly wanted to ask the parents what planet they were from but decided against it in the end.

Thoughts?

slobake likes this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah that's extremely weird. Were they asked any questions by the staff?

slobake likes this.
  3. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    Totally not cool. I mean, I've seen instances where a family might get one thing from another restaurant for one kid that's a particularly fussy eater and order everything else from the place they're sitting, and even that would require asking if it's okay with the restaurant they're sitting in. But just eating someone else's food, occupying space where nothing is being bought? Totally not cool.

slobake likes this.
  4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Bringing outside food into a restaurant is a good way to get invited to leave by the establishment. I'm quite surprised they weren't thrown out.

Oddly likes this.
  5. Oddly

Oddly Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    If the restaurant staff said nothing, I'd keep out of it.
    It does seem strange though.

slobake likes this.
  6. bassfran

bassfran

Mar 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Endorsing artist: Lakland basses
    Yeah, the manager was not too pleased when I ratted them out before I left. I didn't hang around for the fireworks display.

slobake likes this.
  7. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    Maybe they were planning on ordering dessert.