Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I know it's low but...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Whats a good 4x10 for 400.oo or less? I was thinking about checking into the hartke 4x10 TP(which ill still do just to see what I personally think), but i hear they are pretty weak and not too reliable. So are there any suggestions for 4x10's in the $400 range??? (I am also going to check out the Fender Bassman 4x10)
    ????

And while we are at it, what a inexpensive moderately powered head? (I'm looking for no more than 400 watts on this one...and i could live with 200)

2. pbassfreak

pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    a nice combination i picked up for 500.00 used was a gk rb400 and a ampeg 4x10..im very pleased with
    it.but i would look usded theres some really good deals out there

3. What ampeg 4x10 was it? (there are like 4 diff. models...id like to check it out if you know which one it was...) And, do you know the power rating for the G-K? Also, do you or does anyone know of any good bass heads?

4. You could always just build. 4 beta 10's in parallel/series will give you an 8 ohm cab that handles 300 RMS (very conservative BTW). Speakers would cost $253 + shipping from www.partsexpress.com rough estimate of $100 for parts and wood. But that's just my way of thinking. I'm gonna use 4 delta 10's, but I have a good supplier here in town. I get a better price from my guy. Just another option. Ampeg uses custom designed eminence in their high end stuff, check the specs then compare the prices:)

HTH

5. The Peavey 410TX (I think that's the model number) is in that price range, and is supposed to be very good for the money. Of course, you can sometimes pick up a used SWR Goliath for that, as well, if you're willing to go used.

Mike