i know nothing about guitars :(

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    i want to buy this guitar, it's a kramer. it looks really cool, it's one of thier few instruments i've seen and had an instrument-crush on. it had 3 humbuckers, and i might buy it just for the look of it alone. it's $400.

i just want to know if a guitar with 3 humbuckers would good in a shellac/isis influenced hardcore band
  2. I don't know those bands, but i have a kramer guitar. only two humbuckers. it's a =n F-2000.

Kramer was known as the king of 80's metal guitars. if those bands are anything like 80's metal, it'll be a great guitar for your band......
  3. 3 humbuckers? what the hell? :confused: isn't that a little bit over kill?

i don't know kramer very well ... but never buy an instrument because you like how it looks. Thats the best way to end up with lemons. Befor you buy it do some research and find out what yoru gotting into.

I recomend looking for reviews. This is a pretty good site, i linked you straight to the Kramer section too. http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Kramer/ what you should look for is what people have to say against the guitar. And watch out for reviews that look liek this.

odds are these people don't know what the hell they're talking about. If the modle your looking for is not very popular of somewhat obscure then your probably going to have some problems finding reviews, let alone good ones.
  4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    As a surviving member of a half dozen of those 80s metal bands, I would argue that Kramer was the angry, deposed brother and the real king of 80s metal guitars was indeed Jackson/Charvel.

Only to be overthrown by Ibanez in the very late eighties when Steve Vai became Ibanez's flack.

5. Cheerfully withdrawn.....but......wait a tick.....wasn't the late 80's when Ibanez started making some of the kramer models again after buying Kramer?

apprehensively resubmitted.