1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I know that I am quicker to cry than some...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the harp unstrung, Mar 27, 2015.

1. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    so I anticipate electrolytes and salt when I first lay hands on the guitar that I let go of 40 years ago! I'd gotten all that I could get out of my first bass...a $35.00 Silvertone, which I traded in on a beautiful Univox copy of Felix Pappalardi's Gibson EB-1...which I played and loved for 3 years...1971 - 1974. At that point in my development as a player I knew that I needed to step up. I'd been saving for 2 years before I bought my '73 4001...another long, strange trip. Short story, though, I traded the Univox as part of a deal for a new amp...a Traynor with 2 15s and I don't know how many watts. I was The Shoot! Now, 4 decades later and 5 years after I started my search for that old Univox (that model, that year, a bunch of zeros in the serial number!) I pulled the trigger this morning! 1970 Univox EB1.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Bass V and Gabbs like this.
  2. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    That is killer! Nice story.

I have traded and sold (and lost in various ways) so much gear over the years. I actually don't regret parting with most of what I parted with, but there are sure a few special ones I would love to see again.

I'm a pretty sentimental/nostalgic guy, so I sympathize with you.

That is beautiful and I am glad you are being reunited, at least with the same model. Univox made some darn fine instruments for sure.

Congrats. Pics when it arrives!

47th Street likes this.
  3. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    Sweet!

47th Street likes this.
  4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    :thumbsup:

47th Street likes this.
  5. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    That would be a cool score even if it wasn't just like your long lost bass. This is awesome in several ways.

Congrats on a great end to your five year mission!

47th Street likes this.