1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I know the general opinion on Kustoms, but...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Feb 28, 2003.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Would it at least be worth picking up a head (KBA-220) in blue sparkle tuck-and-roll for $100? I know the tone leaves much to be desired, but would it be worth it not to have to carry my SWR stuff around all the time when I just wanna jam with some friends or something? Maybe just to leave at a friends house where we often play?
    I think the question boils down to, would you pay $100 for an extra 200 watt head just for the hell of it?

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Sure. Put a cheap cab under it and you never have to carry stuff.

3. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    My old (old old - 1970s i think) Kustom 200 head served me quite nicely as my main amp.

4. For $100 bucks you can't get hurt too bad. Even if the whole thing goes up in smoke it wouldn't be too big of a hardship..

5. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    My friend had one of these and its not that bad. I would buy it if I were you. For $100 it sounds pretty good.

6. If all else fails, you can probably burn that vinyl covering stuff for a dramatic finale. Or cut it off and put it on your other gear.