Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I know there are gobs of these threads but

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    my band name is 10/20...the guitarist loves it...me and the drummer like it but we think we could have something better...we are a punk band

What do you guys think

bp13

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    not half bad

har har har I kill me! :D;)

3. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Call it .. "the foxy grandmas"
    ..you could co-headline a World Tour with us and sell out Boduken..
    cant you see it Bp13?

THE FOXY GRANPARENTS LIVE AT THE BODUKEN! - cd due decemeber 25th 2015.

=D
    10/20 sounds cool though..
    my first punk band i was in was called "faded new"
    we sucked.. I listened to a tape and me and the guitarist were the only ones in the band with talent. In every song the bassist played 2 notes.. the E and the A.. pretty much open E and A

4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    How about Mentholated Love or Fascist Lemonade or Yoink or Sneeze Trash or Butt Nougat or Pink Location or Pie Gland or Dear Ms. Dead or Coitus Farmer or Nipple Confusion

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Numbers in your band name are SOOOO yesterday....fortunately.

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i honestly don't like the name...

i know you can work on something better

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

How about "Gobs".

8. How about "acorn man"?
    the acorn man can, man.

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    $*** and the Whiffs.

someone needs to start a band with that name.

10. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Anti-National-Symbols :confused:

11. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    seattle
    ****s and Giggles.

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    music related.

(theme to the monkees)

here it comes
    flyin' over the fence
    another prime example
    of talkbass eloquence

hey hey miscellaneous!
    for music related discussions
    any more of these in OT
    will precipitate some concussions

13. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Jings you're a poet, and I bet you didn't know it!

OK, it's early for me.............

Back to the original poster - wouldn't 20/20 be better???? Certainly would help you see! If you still like 10/20, why not call yourselves Myopica.......:eek:

Ok, I'll go now...

14. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I really like "Venus Envy" but I'm sure somebody must be using it already

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Even better... there is a band called Penis Flytrap... now that is brilliant!

16. Good punk names

10/20 .... I'll put it gently, it looks stupid. And I don't think anyone will take you seriously with a name like that. If you're going to have band with a number in it, at least make it pertain to the size of your band, at least that is classy. Ex: Dillinger 4, Alkaline Trio, Rocksteady 7etc.

Bands with names like 5 cent deposit, or Five Iron Frenzy, Five Finger Discount (hmmm...new rule, avoid 5 at all costs!) or 1209 or B4:20(by far the worst ever) just sound dumb to me.

17. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

To be honest, the name 10/20 does not fit the mold I have developed for band names. Bop's FIRST RULE of band names is that a band name must be memorable. The name 10/20 does not carry enough weight to be memorable. We live in a digiatal age with an overload of numbers. Why add two more?

Bop's SECOND RULE of band names is that the name must be easy to spell, easy to write, easy to read and easy to say. The name 10/20 while easy to say, may create confusion because when read, one could pronounce it ten slash twenty or ten/twentieth or one zero/two zero.

Bop's THIRD RULE of band names is that the name must stand out from the crowd as a band name. It must be distinctive. The name 10/20 does not stand out.

Bop's FOURTH RULE of band names is that the name should probably give at least some hint as to the style of music. In other words a gospel group would probably not have a name like Satan's Grave Yard and a country band would not have a name like Pain Clinic. A girl's punk band might call themselves the Pretty Darlings, but not a guy's heavy metal band .What type of music is 10/20? Maybe I should know, but I don't.

Bop's FIFTH RULE of band names is that the name must be one that lends itself to colorful or interesting graphics. Your name is a winner there. The name 10/20 meets only one out of five of Bop's Rules for Band Names. I say find a better name. You can do it.

Try Bop's Easy Band Name Game.

Make two or three columns of fun words you chose at random form the dictionary. Then try combining a word from each column until you come up with an interesting combination. Chances are no other band will have your name. That way you also meet Bop's SIXTH RULE of band names. Choose a name no other band can claim you stole from them.

18. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    Very well said. *thumbs up*

19. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    10/20?

I like it 50/50.

20. Just call yourselves "A Punk Band."