Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I know...this isn't a computer help forum....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Corbis, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I know...this is a computer help forum, but we're friendier.

All day I've tried to log into MSN Messenger and it says error 80072efd and it won't log me in. I went to help and tested my connection and everything's fine.

So I tried to check my e-mail the old fasioned way but it says on Netscape "Connection refused" when I try to log in, then I go on Explorer and it say unable to connect.

Is this something with my computer or something with MSN.com?

I don't think my account's deleted it won't let me even go to the page to make a new account without "connection refused" or even send a help email to Hotmail.

2. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Do you have a firewall and could you have accidently set it to refuse connection to MSN?
    What kind of modem do you use. I know it may not help but if it's a DSL or cable modem ou could try resetting or unplugging them for a couple of minutes.

3. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Also do you have up to date virus defs and have you scanned recently?

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    JMX will be here soon to help you

5. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    Yes have a DSL turned it off and on multiple times and restarted. I have Norton Anti-virus and firewall.

This is really starting to bug me. Seeing that Messenger is basically my life-line to the outside world.